Monday, March 18, 2013

Quaker Motif Scissor Pocket...DONE!

I finished the Quaker Motif Scissor Pocket yesterday!!  I couldn't be more pleased.  I love how it turned out.  You'll notice I just had to put the acorn motif front and center!  You know how I love my acorns.


Design:  Quaker Motif Scissor Pocket
Designer:  Barbara Bernard
Fabric:  32 ct. Country French Latte
Floss:  My own conversion (see below)
Started:  12/29/12
Finished: 3/14/13
Completed: 3/17/13

The fabric you see in the background is what I used to line it.  I had originally thought I'd line it with an acorn fabric I have in the stash but the background was too grey for my taste.  Then I found this one and it suited me just perfectly.  The button is from the button show my mom and I attended last year.  It's a vintage carved nut button.


Would you believe there is a full 5 yard skein of red in there?!  Yep, sure is!  I tried to stay with the colors that were called for but as you'll remember, my dye lots were really choppy so I went with my own choices from the stash.

In case you are wondering what I used, I know you are, here's my conversion.  Keep in mind your mileage may vary when it comes to dye lots.

Red = WDW Baked Apple
Blue = Threadworx #2010
Green = Waterlillies silk #106 Olive
Brown = GAST Apple Cider
Gold = CC Honey Comb
Orange = WDW Tiger Lily
Beige = Kreinik silk #7024
Backstitches and twisted cord = DMC Perle #642

 
Several of you have asked me how to get in touch with Barbara Bernard for her charts.  I have been in contact with her recently and she can be emailed at babernard@verizon.net.  I'd love to see your rendition if you stitch this chart!


Thanks goes to Barbara Bernard for designing such a wonderful project and a most enjoyable stitch!  Thanks also goes to Faye aka Carolina Stitcher for inspiring me in the first place.  Had I not seen her incredibly beautiful version of this chart I would have never known it existed or stitched it.

I truly enjoyed this project from the first stitch to the last.  I found myself not wanting to put it down!  There's just something really pleasing to my eye about it.  Now I have a wonderful place to keep my stitching tools!

Thanks for stopping by to share my happy dance today.  This is one finish I'm very proud of and will miss spending time with too.  I hope you have a great week!


Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

26 comments:

Ellen said...

Wow, Lisa! Your scissors case is stunning! You did a wonderful job not only with the stitching but also with the finishing.

Perhaps you'll bring the case to our guild meeting on Saturday!

Anonymous said...

It is gorgeous, Lisa! I love the color fibers you selected as well as the lining fabric! I know you will enjoy using this piece.

Robin in Virginia

Margaret said...

So beautiful! I love the colors! And yes, I have this in my stash. lolol! Now to actually stitch the thing.....

Bertie said...

Gorgeous, the colours are beautiful! I have this chart too, quite a few years and will have to find it!

Marilyn said...

It's gorgeous Lisa!
Great colors also.
I have this one in my stash. :)
Marilyn

Laurie in Iowa said...

It's beautiful! Congrats on your finish.

Lisa V said...

It's beautiful Lisa.
Hugs

Peggy Lee said...

I love it Lisa! You have every right to be proud on that one. It's absolutely awesome!!

Shirlee said...

Wonderful!!! You did an amazing job!

Judy said...

Oh my, absolutely beautiful. The colors you chose are perfect together. Your finishing is beautifully done--as it is on all your projects. You deserve to be very proud!! Thanks.

Judy heartland stitcher

Faye said...

The pocket turned out just perfect!!!! Excellent stitching and finishing!!!!!

Cathy B said...

It's really beautiful. The colors you selected are perfect!

Deborah said...

Beautiful finish! i love the colors.

Kimmie said...

I love it! The colors are so pretty!!!

Vickie said...

Great job! Finished so well. =)

Carol said...

Such a stunning piece, Lisa!! Was it difficult to finish? Yours looks perfect :)

Marsha said...

It turned out really great!

Jan said...

I have had this pattern for quite some time. Seeing yours makes me want to get it out and finish it. I love Barbaras design and wish she would make some accessories to go with it.

Jan

Anne said...

Stunning finish Lisa! I love the Quaker designs and the colours you chose for it. I've always wanted to try this sort of finish for scissors. The acorn is just perfect! Well done!

Mouse said...

oooooo prettyyyyyyy :) must try n have a go at one of these some day :)
love mouse xxxxxx

Maggee said...

It is so PRETTY! You did a very fine job of stitching in those great colors and then finishing! I have GOT to get busy trying new finishes this year! Hugs!

Annette-California said...

Gorgeous! Your scissor case is so beautiful. I need to pull mine out and finish:) Thank you for Barbara's info. I do want her other chart.
Beautiful finish. love Annette

marly said...

Gorgeous. Thanks for the info to locate the design.

dixiesamplar said...

Gorgeous Quaker scissor case, Lisa! Makes me feel brave enough to try one too, LOL.

Andrea said...

A gorgeous finish. Love the colours you chose.

woolwoman said...

I'm a new follower on your blog - loved seeing this quaker scissor pocket - very unique and thanks for the info on Barbara. Melody