I normally don't do sewing for people but since Evie is a friend, I agreed. She provided the fabric and zippers and I made the bags for her. I've made so many of these bags for gifts, I've lost count at this point. Needless to say the investment in the pattern is now in the negative. Can you see the birthday gift?
Design: "E" from Summer Alphabet Sampler
Designer: Lizzie Kate
Fabric: 36 ct. R&R Abecedarian scrap
Floss: DMC 500 & 3777
Started: 4/4/13
Finished: 4/4/13
Completed: 4/4/13
This is another chart that is probably in the negative investment-wise. I've gotten more use out of these Lizzie Kate sampler alphabet charts. They just make the cutest gifts and they whip up in no time flat.
Of course, you know me, I had to personalize the back too. It's hard to see but I used the two colors to make the twisted cord. I think I'll do that again. I like how it turned out. Even though the gift was belated, Evie liked it just the same.
***
I have an exciting finish to share with you tomorrow. It deserves it's own post. You guys are going to love this one! Hope you have a great day and are looking forward to the weekend. I know I am!
More later,
The Inspired Stitcher
10 comments:
So sweet that you sewed those up for her and the fob is really cute. I'm sure she loved it.
Donna
Great looking bags you sewed up for your friend and an even cuter fob!
Robin in Virginia
Beautiful and thoughtful!!
Nice job! I've had the fabric and matching zippers for a year and haven't made them yet. Time to give up!
Sweet gifts!
Beautiful gifts!
Lovely gifts!
Wonderful work, well done.
Wonderful project bags and sweet stitching finish, too!
Such great and useful bags and I think the little initial scissor fob is just the cutest :)
Post a Comment