Friday, April 19, 2013

Sarah Seifer DONE!

Folks, I'm so pleased to be able to share my finish today.  Sarah Seifer is officially done!!!  Yep, I'm Snoopy dancing again.  Check her out!

Design: Sarah Siefer 1826
Designer:  Goode Huswife
Fabric:  36 ct. Vintage Fawn
Floss:  DMC as charted
Started:  3/20/13
Finished: 4/16/13
To be framed

I am just so pleased with how she turned out!  I decided to "sign" this one with my initials stitched in the blue color. There's only a small bit of it in the people's clothes.  I'd like to put the date on there somewhere but haven't decided where yet.

As I mentioned before, this one has been in the stash since my Aida days.  It's very special to me.  I always said when I could stitch on linen I'd get this one out and stitch it.  Once she's framed I'll have my start on my Adam and Eve wall!

I've had several people ask about the chart.  Since she is so special to me I intend to put the chart along with my stitching notes in a pocket on the back of the frame.  My friend, Ellen, gave me that idea.  So unfortunately, I won't be selling or giving this chart away.  I do hope you understand.  As Edgar says, there's always the bay of evil aka eBay.  I've found a lot of out of print things there.  You just have to be patient and wait for it.

Thanks for stopping by to share my joy today.  I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.  I'm really looking forward to mine.  I'll have tales to tell first of the week.  Until then I'm going to keep you in suspense.  Enjoy the weekend!


More next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

25 comments:

Margaret said...

Beautiful finish! I love how you put your initials in blue -- so clever!

Judy said...

Your sampler is gorgeous...nice start on your adam and eve wall. Very nice bags, and the fob is a special touch. Will look forward to you tales!! Sounds like you will have a nice weekend.

Judy heartland stitcher

Vickie said...

Oh how great! I agree with Margaret, I love your initials in blue.

Lisa V said...

Beautiful job Lisa, congrats on the finish.

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations on your finish, Lisa! What a beautiful piece you have created! I like the way you did your initials.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Robin in Virginia

Edgar said...

Congrats on your super finish!!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Congrats on a beautiful finish. Love your initials in blue.

Kevin said...

Congrats on a beautiful finish! I got such a laugh out of "the bay of evil" comment! Love that one! I practically live on that "bay of evil" busily hoarding more STASH! I need to learn to sell on there soon, or I won't be able to move around here much longer. ( Just kidding -- well, sorta!)
Enjoy the weekend!

Nancy C. said...

Lisa, I have that pattern also. Now I will have to do it too. Fun, fun, fun. Nancy

Annette-California said...

It looks so beautiful. Congrats on finishing her. I love your ideas of adding the pocket to the back and stitching a different color for your initials in the alphabet. I just pulled a chart and I'm going to do just that in the alphabet pert. It happens to be one of Ellen's charts too:) How prefect. It's "Flowers for my Friends" one she designed for Italy's 2012 earthquake victims.
love Annette

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Great finish, Lisa and I love your blue initials! Can't wAit to see how you frame her!

Lana said...

Congrats on a gorgeous finish!! It looks wonderful!

Giovanna said...

Great finish - congratulations!

Marilyn said...

Oh, tht turned out so pretty, great colors.
I like the way you stitched your initials in a different color.
Marilyn

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

oh very beautiful !!!!! j'adore Adam & Eve .....

bisous bisous

Carol said...

Oh, how beautiful, Lisa! I love the idea of storing the chart in a pocket on the back of the frame...

Hope you have a relaxing and enjoyable weekend--the sun is out here, but it is very cold!

Nan said...

Beautiful finish! Congrats!

Andrea said...

Congratulations on a wonderful finish. Such a lovely story behind it too, make sure you note it all down along with the pattern for future generations.

Kathy Ellen said...

"Sarah" is just beautiful and you must be so pleased with your wonderful stitching. The blue letters add a special touch too.

Blessings!

woolwoman said...

congratulations on your finish - it's just wonderful - can't wait to see the framing you choose. so on to the next A&E for your wall eh? what might that be - inquiring minds you know - Have a great week Melody

Charlene ♥ NC said...

She is beautiful! I love the idea of capturing the details on back for posterity.

Anonymous said...

I have a lot of bookmarked websites part of Blogspot that I check daily for updates, but it is so annoying to click through a list. If I make an account is there some sort of feature where I can see new posts on the websites? (Sort of like Subscriptions on Xanga)?.
[url=http://bonoes.webs.com/l bono[/url]

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow! What a spectacular finish! Congratulations!

Karoline said...

Sarah is gorgeous, congratulations

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

Oh j'adore !
bisous bisous