Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Stitched With Love Exchange

Now that I know the Stitched With Love Exchange Gallery has been posted, I can show you what I sent to my partner Silvia in Austria (no blog).  This round was called Hop Into Spring.  This was  my first time participating in this exchange.  We had our choice of sending either a spring or Easter themed package to our partner according the their preference.  My perference was spring and so was my partner's.

Design: Think Spring
Designer: Lizzie*Kate
Fabric: 28 ct. mint greet
Floss: DMC as charted
Started:  2/19/13
Finished:  2/24/13
Completed:  3/9/13

Part of the requirements were that you had to send your partner a stitched piece that was no smaller than 4 inches square.  If you did, you had to send two stitched pieces.  Luckily my door hanger finished off close to eight inches long by four inches wide so I was okay.  I love that little peep holding the umbrella.  You just can't go wrong with a cute Lizzie*Kate design.  It also happened to be one of Silvia's favorite designers too.

 
Here are the rest of the things I sent to her.  Part of this exchange's rules were that you had to send six extras.  If you sent more than one of the same thing it still counted as one of the six.  So the thread, charts, fabric and chocolates counted as one each.  The yellow fabric in the background is what I used on the back of the stitched piece.

 
Here's the box that I received.  It winged its way across the pond from the UK!  Don't you just love that handmade bee card?!  I do!
 

Look at all the goodies just jam packed inside that box!!!  There were trims, lace, ribbons, floss, charms, fabrics, scissors, buttons, fun owl socks and the richest dark chocolate I've ever had.  The best part was the stitched piece.  We have to look at that closer!  Oh yes we do!

 
My partner knew my love of Blackbird Designs and she stitched this up for me.  It's called "Tulip House Stitching Companion" from the book A Stitcher's Journey.  Can you even stand it?!  I know, it was hard for me to sit on this and not post until the gallery was up...but now I can!
 

I love the ric rack trim and the pearl pins she used.  The box is made of the smoothest wood too!

 
She even lined the inside of the box with the same beautiful fabric as the outside.  What's that in there?  I think it's a clue as to who my partner was!  Let's have a closer look!


My partner was Mouse from Tales of A Stitching Mouse!!!!  I can not lie, this was so hard to sit on and not share.  I kid you not!  Thank you so very, very, very, much Mouse!!  I absolutely love everything in that box.  You made my day and I'm still on top of the world.  I can truly say I was totally spoiled!

Thanks also go to Lainey and Lisa V who stepped in when Lainey needed some extra help.  This was a fun exchange to participate in and I look forward to participating again.  I'm so glad I am finally able to share this fun with you today.  Thanks for stopping by for a visit.


Until Next Time,

The Inspired Stitcher
 

11 comments:

Annie said...

Wonderful gifts on both sides! You really spoiled each other!

Vickie said...

Wow! This is really neat. I love the small mouse charm she added.;)

Mouse said...

heheheh ... I am making one exactly the same but with my initial on it for me :) so glad you love your goodies and the one you sent was lovely too :) happy stitching love mouse xxxxxx

Annette-California said...

Oh Mouse did a beautiful job on your BBD box. What a great exchange. Your spring ornament you stitched is very cute! Love your box from Mouse:) As soon as I saw the charm I KNEW it would be mouse because I had learned she is on the other side of the pond. Too fun. love Annette

Lisa V said...

Glad you enjoyed the exchange Lisa, parcels sent and received are both soo lovely. Hugs

Margaret said...

Oh my! What fun! I love both exchanges -- and I love the little mouse in the box you got from Mouse. So cute!

Giovanna said...

What a lovely exchange - the BBD box is quite fabulous.

Laurie in Iowa said...

Fabulous exchange pieces!

woolwoman said...

very nice exchange gifts - I popped over to Mouse's blog - it was fun so I joined as a follower - Thanks and enjoy ! Melody

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

What a fun exchange!

KimM said...

WOW! What a wonderful exchange!!