Design: Painted Lady
Designer: Just Nan
Fabric: 28 ct. tartan green as kitted
Floss: DMC as kitted
Started: 7/13/13
Finished: 7/14/13
Completed: 7/14/13
I picked this kit up from the "free to a good home" table at the guild's stitch-in on Saturday. My friend, Paula donated it. There was just something about this one that called to me to stitch it right away. I know now it was meant to be. Here's why!
This design fits perfectly in the box were were given at the Stitchaway Retreat two years ago (before I started blogging)! When I put the last stitch in it I sat there looking at it and it clicked. So I went and grabbed the box from the stash. Sure enough, it fits perfectly in the lid!
I'm going to have to get someone with a little more framing experience to place it in there properly but there it is for now. It's funny I can finish the tiniest smalls but can't frame something to save me. Oh well, we all have our strengths, don't we?! LOL!
Anyway, I wanted to save this one for it's own post because it's such a fun story. I love when things come together like that. Hope everyone is having a good week so far. Stay cool!
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
17 comments:
It's gorgeous and it looks like it was made just to go on your box!
:o)
I love those happy coincidences, too. What a perfect pairing! Lovely stitchery! The butterfly in the center is a nice touch.
How wonderful that it fit so perfectly, Lisa--the design is so pretty with the little butterfly charm!
So beautiful, and it fits so perfectly too! I think the framing of it looks fine!
Well done!
Perfect marriage of your beautiful sampler and lovely box! It's a great feeling to have made something work. And what a pretty keepsake box to have:) love Annette
oooooooooooooo see something always turns up that us just perfect for a piece ... love it :)
and the chart is cute too :) love mouse xxxx
That will looks so pretty in that box.
Marilyn
SO pretty! and made for each other!
Beautiful design and just perfect in your box!
Beautiful work. Love the dark fabric and light floss contrast!
It looks lovely, congrats on the finish!
It's lovely, congratulations
A lovely finish and the box was just meant to be.
It's so pretty! What a wonderful finish!!
Very pretty finish, and lovely colours - well done.
I love the Just Nan smalls so much. This is a lovely one and perfect for your little box.
I also love a serendipitous happening like that!
Post a Comment