Monday, September 23, 2013

Autumn...finish!

Last night I got on a finishing roll!  My main reason for the finishing session was to get my Tiara Retreat exchange piece completed.  I'm so pleased with how it turned out.  I figured since the iron was hot and I had the stuff out, I might as well finish a couple other things that needed my attention.

Design: "Autumn"
Designer:  Lindy Jane Designs
Fabric:  28 ct. Linen Banding
Floss:  WDW, GAST, & DMC as charted
Started: 8/31/13
Finished:  9/6/13
Completed:  9/22/13

This is not my exchange piece.  I started this one while riding in the car to West Virginia and finished it when we got back.  It's been waiting for me to complete it.  I put the pair of scissors in the picture for scale.  I finished it as a 7" pillow as described on the chart.  It was fun stitching on banding.

2011 version stitched with DMC only using the same cotton fabric.
 
If this looks familiar, it's because I stitched this one for the Tiara Retreat exchange in 2011.  I loved it so much and it was hard to give away.  I've had it in the back of my mind that someday I'd stitch it again.  Now, I'm not sure which version I like better.

Now I'm really looking forward to the weekend since I have my exchange piece ready.  I still need to figure out what projects I want to take to work on.  I'm sure it won't be too hard.  I always take too much.

I have another finish I want to share but I'll save it for another day.  I can't wait to share the exchange piece too.  That will have to wait until next week.  I don't want to spoil the surprise for it's new owner...whoever that might be!

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope everyone had a great weekend!


More next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

15 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your autumn finish is super. I like both versions. Hope you have a wonderful tiara retreat weekend! I also take too many projects (but I like to have many choices) when I head off to a retreat. In fact, I have 7 projects in my bag to go for this weekend and am thinking about adding 1 or 2 more.

Robin in Virginia

Ellen said...

Cute, cute, Lisa! What a fun fall design and your fabric print is perfect.

Know you'll have a great time this weekend.

Shannon said...

These are both adorable!

Margaret said...

Both look great! Hope your Tiara retreat is great fun!

Marilyn said...

Cute Autumn piece.
Have fun at the Tiara retreat!
Marilyn

Chris said...

Wonderful finishing! Isn't it great to stitch a piece again for yourself. I always have separation anxiety when I give stitching away and have stitched things a second time so that I can have one for me :) Have a great week!

Annette-California said...

Both finishes are Darling & Cute!!!
I really like the fabric used to frame your mini samplers. Beautiful!
I hope you have lots of FUN at your retreat. love Annette

Shirlee said...

Lovely finishes Lisa! Have a great time at your retreat!

Marsha said...

Love it! I'm keeping my exchange under wraps too but it turned out really awesome!

Carol said...

They are both so cute, Lisa--love that pumpkin fabric that you used on them, too! Have a wonderful time at the retreat :)

Andrea said...

A wonderful finish.

Maggee said...

Cute finishes--both versions! Have fun at the retreat! Hugs!

Karoline said...

Lovely finishes, enjoy the retreat

brod'attitude said...

Very beautiful

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely finishing on your pillow.