Progress as of 9/13/13
Progress as of 9/16/13
I spent all day on Sunday working on the "H is for Hart" block and got most all of it done. I finished it up on Monday night. You'll also notice I got the border below the blocks completed too. It doesn't look like much but there really were a lot of stitches made in that row.
I did get a good start on the next row's blocks and side borders at the guild stitch-in Wednesday night. I'm hoping to at least get them all stitched in so I can start on "K is for Kitten." This sampler doesn't have an I, J or X. I find that interesting.
Just for giggles, since I'm a numbers girl, I figured up roughly how many stitches are in just the blocks alone not counting the angel. Are you ready for this? There are 2,548 stitches in each square counting the black border. Total so far there are 24,725! And to think, I'm not even at the halfway point yet! W-O-W!!
I've also been working on an exchange piece for the Tiara Retreat's exchange next weekend. I can't wait to be able to show that to you. I'm really looking forward to hanging out with my peeps and stitching up a storm! Thanks for visiting with me today.
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
16 comments:
This is going to be so beautiful when it is done!
all that filling in and the lovely blue...
not sure I could do it. But your photos make me want to try : )
So gorgeous!! Wow, that's a lot of stitches. lol!
Yikes--that's a lot of stitches, but so worth it!
It's looking gorgeous!
Another lovely block.
Congratulations on getting H for Hart finished! Oh my goodness, that is a lot of little x's.
Have a good weekend!
Robin in Virginia
Looking so Beautiful! WOW that is ALOT of stitches and love the textured & rich look it has. I don't think it would look as rich if stitched over 2 threads. Do you?
love Annette
Great progress.
Wow, that's a LOT of stitches!
We don't realize that when we are stitching, do we?
Marilyn
Gorgeous stitching progress. I love the colors in this.
Ohh, it sounds like you have a great weekend to look forward too. I can't wait to see the exchange pieces.
Looking great!!
Lots of stitches that's for sure
Happy stitching!!
Wonderful stitching progress.
This one is really coming together! I'm sure all that blue fill in takes some dedication.
This one is really coming together! I'm sure all that blue fill in takes some dedication.
I didn't know what a "hart" was! Looked it up and now I've learned something new. A great new word for my online scrabble games with my mom :)
Love the latest block, Lisa!!
Wonderful progress. I'm really enjoying this design Lisa and learning more about the beasts in it!
Wow, that's alot of stitches! I think I'd be tempted to go for a blue fabric though.
I do like alphabet designs.
Post a Comment