Friday, September 13, 2013

Hornbook Bestiary Progress

I've made more progress on the Hornbook Bestiary.  Being off work last week gave me plenty of stitching time in between our various adventures.  Let's take a look at where we left off.

Progress as of 7/13/13

Progress as of 9/9/13
 
I finally got to spend some time with this one and finished "G is for Goose."  I really like this block.  It looks like the goose is honking at the fox and the fox looks surprised.  I know, I've got an active imagination.  LOL!  Here's a closer look at those two.
 
 
I'm currently working on filling in the boarders around the remaining blocks and have started the border below them too.  Soon I'll need to add some more squares!  It's really starting to look like something now.
 
I have to confess, this one has been a test of my perserverance skills.  It is a tedious stitch with it all being over one.  Thank goodness its tent stitch!  Still, I've gotten too far to turn back now so onward I go!  Next up will be "H is for Hart."
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  I'm looking forward to the weekend.  I hear it's supposed to cool down.  I hope so!
 
Until next time,
 
The Inspired Stitcher

13 comments:

Blu said...

Great progress!

Robin in Virginia said...

Wow, what progress you have made! I laughed about your comment about the goose and fox. He really does look startled!

Have a most enjoyable weekend!

Robin in Virginia

Beth said...

It's just beautiful. I love the royal blue background. The entire thing look like something you'd have stitched as one of Mary Queen of Scot's ladies-in-waiting.

Margaret said...

It's just so beautiful! And you're doing such a great job with it too!

Lisa V said...

I recently completed a G for Goose of my own, but mine was for the Carriage House Alphabet blocks I am working on.
Your WIP is coming along nicely. Well done!

Marilyn said...

Great progress on the Bestiary.
Thanks for sharing the pics of your vacation also.
LOVE the motorcycle!
Marilyn

Annmarie said...

I so enjoy your posts - vacation, needlework trip reports AND your stitching progress and completions. It's really inspiring to see others works....makes me want to go in and stitch right now. Thanks
Ann M QCSG

Judy said...

Very nice--does look like alot of work over one. You always get so much accomplished.

Judy heartland stitcher

Annette-California said...

Yea you got another block done and its pretty too:) Hope your eyes are not crossing yet stitching the over one.
love Annette

Carol said...

It may be tedious, but it looks absolutely splendid stitched over one, Lisa!! You are doing an amazing job :)

Karoline said...

It's looking gorgeous, great progress

Anonymous said...

Hello!

Your stitching is beautiful (:

Shebafudge said...

Looks great! I love the idea of the goose honking away at the fox...lol.

I hadn't realised it is all over one. You are braver than me!