Thursday, September 5, 2013

TUSAL - September

I hope everyone is having a good week so far.  It's TUSAL time again.  This month finds the seasons already starting to change in my neck of the woods.  Our maple in the back yard is already dropping leaves and the cornstalks are starting to dry up near the ground.  It's a sure sign autumn is coming soon.

 
Here's a look at the ORT pile for September.  Check out my new ORT catcher!  It's actually a ring holder.  I picked it up last weekend.  I'll tell you more about that grand adventure in another post.

The pile isn't as big as some months.  You'll notice all the brown in there.  I bet you know what that's from!  Yep, all those acorns.  Let's see what else contributed to the pile.

"Buttons A Bounty" by Jackie du Plessis class (Ready for finishing)
"John Foster" project September installment (Done!)
Gift for a girlfriend (Done!)
"Autumn" by Lindy Jane Designs (In Progress)
"G is for Goose" from the Hornbook Bestiary (In Progress)

As you all know, those acorns consumed my whole last month's stitching time and I only recently squeezed John in for some attention.  Both are looking good though if I do say so myself!  Over the long weekend, I treated myself to a new start and began "G is for Goose."  I should have both of them done soon.

I'll be able to share more about the gift soon.  I'll see her this evening.  I'm so excited.  I hope she likes it!  You guys are going to love the story that goes with it.

Well folks, that's it from here.  It's a short one this month.  Hopefully next month will be more exciting.  LOL!  Thanks for stopping by and checking in.  I do appreciate your visits on TUSAL day.

More next time,
The Inspired Stitcher

4 comments:

Chris said...

I love your ort holder. I am looking forward to those future updates :)
Have a great weekend!

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

have a good day !

Anonymous said...

Love that your holder has a frog on it! I have been admiring your stitching. Why does it always seem that what someone else is stitching is so much better than the project you have going? Or is it only me that feels that way? LOL! I know it's only September and you may not be thinking this far ahead but I wonder if you have a plan for next year...like a SAL or something? Or a New Year's Day start? I'm thinking I might like something like that for next year.

Andrea said...

Adorable orts holder and I LOVE all of your Susan Branch books in the background! She's one of my favorites and I have every book she's ever published :-)