Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Gifts given and received

I want to share a couple gifts I've stitched.  Since both the recipients have posted them to their respective blogs, I thought I'd share them here.  Mostly so I can remember when I stitched them.  I thought you might like to see them too.




Design:  “From Me to You”  from the Forget-Me-Nots chart (front)
Verse from #85 “More Friends” (back)
Designer:  Prairie Schooler
Fabric: 32 ct. Lambswool
Floss:  DMC as charted (verse 1 over 1)
Started:  8/9/11
Finished and Completed: 8/27/11

 First up is the pincushion I stitched for Jenny's birthday last month.  I know she has a fondness for birds and we share a love of Praire Schooler designs so this seemed to be the perfect fit. 



When I make gifts I often like to put the date and initials on the back. Since that information was charted on the front, I couldn't leave the back naked!  I found the verse on another Prairie Schooler chart and stitched it over one.


***


Design:  Bee from #45 Garden Verses
Designer:  Prairie Schooler
Fabric:  28 ct. cream scrap
Floss:  DMC as charted
Started: 5/14/11
Finished and completed:  5/30/11


This one I originally made for myself but ended up gifting it to Marsha at the Tiara Retreat.  She had admired it when I brought it to a stitch-in this summer so I knew she liked it.


She and I have a "thing" for bees so I took if off my floss ring and gave it to her.  I had already started stitching another one for her but hadn't gotten it done yet so I just gave her this one.  I can always finish the other one for myself another day.  Now she has a floss tag too!


***

I've also been remiss in thanking Jenny properly for these wonderful gifts.  I love it when the mailman bring surprises!  Don't you?


I had coveted both these as soon as I saw them and my sweet friend gifted them to me.  I will always think of you, Jenny, when I see them.  Thank you so very much!


I hope you've enjoyed your visit today.  Thank you for stopping by!


The Inspired Stitcher

11 comments:

Jenny said...

I am so glad that you like your acorn and your book, Lisa! I do the same as you; I look at my beautiful pillow, with the sweet design and fabulous colors and think of you. It is lying out in the center of the stitch-room so I see it every time I get in there. I always have to pick it up and hold it foe a moment too!

Mouse said...

ooo lovely gifts :) the schoolgirls work is on my list to get :) love mouse xxxx

Carol said...

Beautifully stitched and finished gifts! I really love the PS one and I can tell how much Jenny does, too, from her comment :)

Siobhán said...

What wonderful gifts! Great idea to stitch that verse on the back, too.

Lisa S said...

All of your stitchy gifts are wonderful! Love how you used that verse on the reverse of the pillow :)
Hugs

Vinniey said...

Beautiful gifts! Love your PS little pillow and the verse on the back. It's so beautifully stitched.

BeckySC said...

ABSOLUTELY gorgeous stitching and finishing. Just BEEutiful!!
hugs to you :)

ROSELLA 69 said...

Ciao Lisa due lavori bellissimi,sei molto brava,ciao Rosella.

Bertie said...

Gorgeous stitching, so nice to stitch for friends:)) The book is lovely too!

Ranae said...

Beautiful stitching and finishing gifts.
Jenny sure is a good friend, a BBD book, woohoo!!

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

What lucky recipients of your gifts. They are the sweetest! I too love the Schoolgirl's book. Had to get that one right away. I seem to love anything the Blackbird Designs team does!