Wednesday, October 19, 2011

QCSG Tin Topper Finish!

Design:  QCSG Tin Topper
Designer: Paula
Fabric:  32 ct. Antique White scrap
Floss:  DMC and Kreinik as charted
Started:  10/4/11
Finished:  10/6/11
Completed:  10/16/11

This chart was designed by my buddy, Paula.  She made 50 of these for the Queen City Sampler Guild's Christmas party before I became a member.  Can you believe that?!  Yep, she's awesome.  Seriously!

I've wanted one ever since I saw my friend Janis'.  A couple folks had theirs with them at the Tiara retreat.  So I asked around at the retreat to find out who might have the pattern.  Turns out it was my buddy Paula!  She was nice enough to share it with me so I could make one of my own.

I think this one turned out pretty good since this was my first attempt at this kind of finish.  The acorn tin topper I shared on Monday was actually the second one I've ever finished.  If you want to give it a try yourself, here's a good tutorial by the Twisted Stitcher.

Thank you, Paula for sharing the pattern.  I can't wait to show you in person tonight at the stitch-in!   Also, thank you to all who've left me comments lately.  You really do know how to make a person's day!

The Inspired Stitcher

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful and very useful finish!

Margaret said...

Wow, very nice! So nice that the pattern was Paula's too!

BeckySC said...

Wonderful finish, Lisa :)

Tricia said...

You did a great job on your finish! What a fun and useful piece!!

Laura said...

That is so cool!!!! Glad you were able to make one for yourself!

Christie said...

Lisa,

Your finishes are wonderful. I did not get a chance to tell you that tonight. I was so happy to see them in person. ~~ Christie

staci said...

Gorgeous!!!

Jenny said...

Looks great! I didn't know that the design is Paula's - it is really nice.
Hope that your stitch-n will be fun and say hi to everyone from me, please.
Hugs!!!