Monday, March 19, 2012

Blue Ribbon Sewing Box DONE!!!!!!

I am so excited to share my latest finish with you all!  I got the Blue Ribbon Sewing Box done a lot sooner than I thought I would.  I'm just so pleased!


Here's the outside of the box!  I've decided not to attach the scrim I bought for the front yet.  I want the cherry wood to age a little first.  I really love the look of aged cherry and I am patient enough to wait for it!

Here is the inside!


Here's another view of the inside so you can see underneath the mattress pin pillow.  I love these pink scissors and just knew they were the perfect ones for my box!  They are from DMC's special Breast Cancer edition set that came out last year.  I also splurged and bought all the special scrims that were available.  What tiny works of art!


Here are the smalls that go inside my box! I just love the pin keep. It's my very favorite piece from this set. I will say that putting together the mattress pin cushion was first for me. I can see myself making more of these!


Design:  Blue Ribbon Sewing Box
Designer:  Patrick's Woods (Sherri Jones)
Fabric:  32 ct. as kitted
Floss:  Silk as kitted
Started: 12/29/11
Finished: 3/16/12

Thank you to Sherri for designing a joy to stitch and for a wonderful class.  Time spent with you is always most enjoyable and now a fond memory!

Thanks also to our Hostess who opened her home for our class.  You couldn't have made me feel any more welcomed.  You really know how to spoil a person.  You are so appreciated!

I'm so pleased with how this turned out. It is sitting in a place of honor in my home and it makes me smile everytime I look at it.  Thanks for visiting and sharing my joy today!

Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

19 comments:

BrendaS said...

Lisa --
WOO HOO -- what a beautiful box with all your wonderful stitching!

Congratulations to you:)

Shirlee said...

Oh my! That is gorgeous! You should be very proud : )

Nan said...

Absolutely beautiful. If I ever visit your house you might want to lock it away. ;-)

BeckySC said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!

Bertie said...

WOW, It's a gorgeous piece, congratulations!!!

Unknown said...

Oh, it's beautiful! Gorgeous! ♥ Congrats for completing such a wonderful treasure!

Jenny said...

It looks wonderful - many congrats! I agree that it was a lot easier to stitch and put together than expected. In spite of alligators... ;-)

Margaret said...

Lucky lucky you and Jenny! I love this piece! You did a great job with it. Soooo gorgeous! I love the stitching, and I looove cherry wood. lol!

Marilyn said...

OMG!
That's awesome!
Great job.
Marilyn

Marsha said...

It's a gorgeous piece of art Lisa. So pretty and ladylike.

Will you sit it in a sunny place to age?

I will have to see where I can take this class. It's so nice.

Giovanna said...

What a masterpiece - just perfect! Congratulations!

Carol said...

Yay!! You did it--it is incredibly beautiful, Lisa--well done on all counts :)

staci said...

OMGosh, that is just truly amazing and beautiful! You must feel so pleased!!!

geeky Heather said...

Beautiful, Beautiful, BEAUTIFUL!! I am simply amazed with your finishing skills...both the actual finishing and the fact that it's actually finished, LOL! I think the second would be more amazing in my world. ;)

Anne said...

Sooo beautiful!! And delicate and just plain oooh I want it!!!! Congrats on finishing it!!

Lanie said...

Oh*my*goodness! I have not seen this box before...it is beautiful as is your stitching!!! I'm new to your blog and have enjoyed your stitching progress and your puppy progress. We have a 7 yr old Airedale, but you never forget those "puppy days". She is too, too cute! Good luck!

Terri said...

It is gorgeous! Well done!! I hope she puts this project up for sale eventually!

Ranae said...

OMGosh! I love it!
You are awesome

Andrea said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Love everything about it.