Design(s): Letter "L" from Winter Alphabet & Heart from Spring Alphabet
Desiger: Lizzie Kate
Fabric: 28ct. random cream scrap
Floss: DMC 309 & 962
Started: 3/2/12
Finished: 3/3/12
My original intention was to make this fob for my Ott-lite. I'm shamelessly copying Diane's idea. I admired her light's fob at Stitchaway back in January and couldn't quit thinking about it.
I thought it was a really neat idea since we all have basically the same light so the fob would identify mine from everyone elses! I know some folks put stickers on theirs or write their name on them but I just don't like to do that. It's kinda like writing in books. Just can't do it. I know, it's a me thing.
Anyway, after I got this one stitched up I decided it was just too cute to put on my light. I'd rather it go on a pair of scissors instead. So what to do?!
I thought it was a really neat idea since we all have basically the same light so the fob would identify mine from everyone elses! I know some folks put stickers on theirs or write their name on them but I just don't like to do that. It's kinda like writing in books. Just can't do it. I know, it's a me thing.
Anyway, after I got this one stitched up I decided it was just too cute to put on my light. I'd rather it go on a pair of scissors instead. So what to do?!
Stitch another one of course! Okay, now get yourselves up off that floor and stop that giggling. Yes, I know, I haven't finished anything since last year. You don't have to remind me! So to make up for it I finished two fobs...so there! LOL!
Once I got it stitched I wasn't sure I really liked the letter "P." So I improvised and made up my own letter "P" using the same border as the "L."
This is what I'm trying to match. It's the wine bag I keep my light in. That's why I chose black and white this time around. I really like the second letter "P" much more than the first one I stitched.
Design(s): Border and letter "L" from Winter Alphabet. Letter "P" improvised by moi.
Designer: Lizzie Kate
Fabric: 28ct. random white scrap
Floss: DMC 310
Started: 3/4/12
Finished: 3/6/12
So there you go! I really haven't forgotten how to actually stitch something and finish it. Seriously though, it really did feel good to actually be productive. Both of these were extremely quick to stitch and the finishing was a snap too!
I'm on the countdown for my grand adventure. I can't even tell you how excited I am to get out of town and stitch the weekend away. I just know we are going to have a blast!
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
12 comments:
OMG! Both are so cute! And what a fantastic idea on how to identify your Ott Lite! Love it! Love that bag for your lite too. So pretty!
oooooo nifty idea :) just can't believe I am seeing some stitching from you hahahahah ... love the alphabet fabric in the last post and I just lovveeeeee buttons :)
hope shelby is behaving herself :) love mouse xxxx
STUPENDI,MOLTO SEMPLICI ALLA PORTATA DI TUTTI BRAVISSIMA SALUTI ROSELLA
Lovely wee fobs! Isn't it a good feeling to finish something, even when it's small
Such a great idea for decor on the light. Very pretty fobs. Have a great time on your trip.
Excellent idea, and very neatly done - congrats!
Great finishes Lisa! Love how you have a bag for your Ott Lite:))
Have a good weekend stitching!
Omigosh, I CANNOT write in books, either. Makes me all twitchy just thinking about it. Love the fob, and I love your "P". Great finishes! I now have to make a fob for my Ott lite...even though it's translucent teal and nobody else has one like it. ;)
Such cute finishes. :) Have a great stitchy weekend!
A fob for your Ott lite--now that's new to me!! Very cute finishes :) Those little things always give me such a lift (I guess that is why "smalls" are about my only stitching any more!).
That is just so sweet!! Very nice finishes.
Thank you for your comment about Bronte. I scrolled back to follow Shelby's progress. What a little cutie she is. I had to smile to see her on your couch and to hear about your bitten and scratched arms and hands. Bronte is a month older and losing her baby teeth, so Shelby will be losing hers soon too - let's hope this means we can show our arms in public again!! I look forward to seeing Shelby grow - and seeing your stitching too - of course!
Post a Comment