We are doing this to cheer someone up who has been through quite a bit these past couple months. I think this is a really neat idea and am so glad I was invited to participate. I think she'll like it.
I used the colors for the vine section from the acorn tin topper I did a while back. I just randomly chose to use yellow on the top band since it blended well with the band above it.
The vine is from an old Mill Hill chart called Antique Acorn Sampler. I really liked the charted colors but they really didn't fit in with the colors that had already been used so I improvised. I'm pleased with the way my band turned out.
Those who know me know I'm always saying to folks "you can do it" (said in my best cheerleader voice). The recipient has the best smile too so I felt these words were fitting for her and the situation.
~*~*~*~
I also wanted to show you a progress pic of my "I Sigh Not for Beauty" sampler. Affectionately know as my "Beauty" sampler. Here's where we left off:
Here we are as of the last stitch-in:
Sorry about the wrinkles up there. She got her glamour shot just as she was that day...hot off the top Q-snap!
I know it doesn't look like much progress but there really are a lot more stitches in there than last time. Building a house is time comsuming work dontcha know!
Well folks, that's all I've got for ya today! I hope you are having a good week. I'm looking forward to a long holiday weekend! I get to spend four whole days with my honey. I can't wait!
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
12 comments:
The band sampler/round robin is a lovely idea. I like your acorns and the greeting. As for "I Sigh Not for Beauty" - WOW! This one is a knock out. And yes it does take time to build a house - a brick one or a thread one. Have a great weekend!
Your acorns are really sweet! And you're close to being done on the sampler, and it's gorgeous.
I love the acorn band! I bet that is going to be one gorgeous piece when everyone's is all together.
Wow! Nice progress on Beauty! Your getting there.
Hugs my friend
What a lovely gesture to do the round robin to cheer up a friend!
Your "Beauty" sampler looks gorgeous. You are on the home stretch now!
Enjoy your long weekend!
Beauty is gorgeous! What do you mean it probably doesn't look like you've not made much progress? I think you're really moving along! I can't wait to start mine ... whenever that may be : ) What is the fabric you used? Are you using the recommended floss colors? I bet the band sampler is pretty! Years ago I hostessed a similar type of round robin but it was for quilters. We each made a row of blocks & then sent that row to the next person who added a row above or below it. I chose for my rows to be left separately so I could join them as I wanted. Of course they are upstairs in a box somewhere waiting my attention : )
I sigh every time I see this piece, Lisa--it really is incredibly lovely! And your little round-robin to cheer up a friend will surely bring her a smile :)
That's wonderful that you all are doing this round robin. I like what you contributed. Loooooove your Sigh Not for Beauty!!
Beauty is awesome, love it.
Oh I love your sampler !!!
bisous de FRANCE
Lisa -- Your round robin section is just darling! I hope it cheers up your friend.
LOVE your sampler. House making is hard work!
Have a great weekend with your husband:)
The round robin section is beautiful and the general idea about it is so sweet! I think you made an excellent progress on your sampler. It's adorable!
WOW!!! Beauty is looking so gorgeous :)
HAve a super weekend!
Post a Comment