Sunday, May 27, 2012

Blackbird Designs Exchange

Now that I know my exchange partner has received her package for the Blackbird Designs Exchange,  I can show you what I sent to her!  My partner was Laura from Mexico.

I was getting a bit worried because she hadn't received it yet.  I mailed it on April 24th and she just received it yesterday, more than 30 days later.  Thankfully she did receive it and here it is!


Design:  “Birds and Berries Pinbox”
 from the book A Stitcher’s Journey
Designer:  Blackbird Designs
Fabric:  32 ct. lamb's wool
Floss:  called for DMC
Started:  3/17/12 
Finished:  3/24/12
Completed:   3/31/12

I finished it as an Altoids tin topper.  I chose to line the tin with a photo copy of  some Blackbird Designs fabric.  I think it turned out pretty cute!  This is one I wouldn't mind stitching for myself someday.

I also sent along a magnet in the shape of the state of Ohio since she collects refrigerator magnets and I included the cinnamon's that came in the tin too!  I'm glad she likes it.

This exchange was different than some of the exchanges I've done.  This one you stitched for the person who was also stitching for you!  So far I haven't received what Laura stitched for me but when I do I'll be sure to share it with you.

Thank you to Patti for hosting the exchange and thanks in advance to Laura too!  If you've never participated in an exchange, I highly recommend you try it sometime.  It's a lot of fun!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far!

More later,

The Inspired Stitcher

11 comments:

marly said...

What a terrific project ~ perfect finishing. Just perfect!

Laura said...

Thank you very much, I love it.
Laura

Giovanna said...

That's really pretty, and beautifully stitched and finished - well done!

Mary Ann said...

How very pretty! The stitching and finishing is beautiful!!

Annette-California said...

I love the design you stitched. I also Love boxes, and your finish looks beautiful. Pretty trim. Is it plum colored? If it is, that's hard to find.

Anonymous said...

Hello

I've just become your 101st follower!

I love the tin you made for Laura, it's so perfectly finished off.

Happy stitching!

Margaret said...

Oh, that is just lovely! I'm so glad it arrived safely. Whew! Wonderful work!

Vickie said...

What a long trip that was! Very well done. :)

Shirlee said...

Your project is beautiful! I can see why Laura was so happy to receive it : )

Carol said...

I'm so glad your beautiful project arrived safely. That is a long wait for Laura, but I'm sure she is thrilled with it :)

Lelia said...

Beautiful stitching and finishing. Looks like the perfect design for the tin lid.

Job well done ; )