This past Saturday my mom and I road tripped to a button show! It was the first time either of us had attended an event like this one. The above picture is one of many first prize trays of buttons on display.
Here's just one side of the display of judged button cards! There was a second side just as long as this one! We were amazed by all the different types and styles of buttons we saw both on display and for sale!
This gives you an idea of the size of the room. All the tables you see are vendors selling buttons! We saw thousands of buttons that day! All of them miniature works of art.
Here are some of the ones that came home with me! These are glass buttons.
I'm particularly smitten with the carved/pierced mother of pearls I found! I couldn't resist that star and the large smokey pearl. They are just divine!
My mom spoiled me with the one on the right. My first acorn button!
There was a vendor that had several cards of acorn and oak leaf buttons so I decided to start a collection. It was hard to choose. They were all pretty! I also couldn't resist this bee button. It had to come home with me too.
Mom and I haven't had a girl's day out in a long time! It was so nice to get out and do something different together. We both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and we even got invited to attend a button society meeting! We may just have to go and see what that's all about since I know two of the members.
I can't wait to go to another button show! I'm thinking this could be something mom and I do together more often. We both had a really good time!
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed your visit!
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
16 comments:
Love your new buttons (especially the glass ones). Glad you had fun and some quality time with your Mama.
You've chosen some gorgeous buttons! I didn't even know button shows existed, I wish I could go to one... I love buttons...
I love the buttons that came home with you! What fun -- who knew there were button shows? I love buttons!
Me too! Not knowing about button shows. They are gorgeous. I don't know which I like more. You will have a nice collection.
Looks like a lovely show' you sure choose lovely buttons.
Wow! What fun ; ) I never met a button I didn't like
Oh my goodness. I never even knew button shows existed, but that is probably a very good thing! I know I'd just get overwhelmed and not come home with anything...too many good choices does that to me. =) I adore all your acorn buttons, not to mention the BEE!
Oh no don't tell me that there is something else that I can collect.... wow, look at all those buttons. I never knew they had a show just for buttons! How fantastic that must have been to see all those lovely little buttons! So pretty! I love the ones that found their way home with you!! :o)
Wow, that's a LOT of buttons!!
Glad you had a great time with your Mom.
Love the mother-of-pearl buttons you nabbed. :)
Marilyn
Great show with beautiful buttons..you just don't find that at JoAnn Fabric!
Thanks for sharing your day.
Judy heartland stitcher
What a fun show! I used to be a big button collector years ago & had many, many cards full of some really special buttons. Then I went through one of my "what am I keeping these for" periods & sold them all. Love your glass ones & the MOPs : )
Sounds like you had a great time! What an interesting event, and some lovely additions to your stash!
I must be living a very sheltered life, Lisa--I never even knew there was such a thing as a button show! What a great time for you and your mom... You sure got some beauties :) I like the mother or pearl buttons the best, too--just lovely!
Such fun! I love the buttons you brought home.
Hey! Love the buttons! I am gathering up your surprises. I should be mailing them this weekend!
Love the button photos. Please keep me posted when you find out when the next show is.
Post a Comment