She asked "what was one moment in 2013 that stood out in your mind?" I've been ruminating on this since I read her post and I can't really narrow it down to just one. So I thought I'd share a few of my favorite highlights both stitchy and not.
This would be one of my non-stitchy highlights! I've always wanted to ride in a motorcycle's sidecar. I was able to do that last fall and it was a blast. If you ever have the opportunity, take it!
This would have to be my next favorite non-stitchy highlight! It had been a really long time since I'd seen the ocean. I'm so glad I talked hubby into spending an afternoon playing on the shore. It really refreshed me!
~*~*~*~
This time of the year I also like to look back to see how much stitching I accomplished in the previous year. So in the spirit of last year's count here are the numbers for 2013.
New Starts: 41
Finishes: 27
UFOs (unfinished objects): 8
WIPs (works in progress): 15
It was interesting to see that I had nine less new starts but 18 more finishes. I really made an effort to finish most of the new things I'd started and even finished some from the previous years. I decreased my UFOs by eight but I finished the year four more WIPs than last year. I'll soon be able to finish some of the smaller WIPs so that will be good! Five of those WIPs are class pieces too.
Exchanges: 7
Gifts: 7
SALs: 4
Classes: 5
Speaking of, I really feel fortunate to have become acquainted with the Kindred Spirits Guild. What a wonderful group of super talented women! I only wish I lived closer to them. I truly enjoyed my time spent in their company this year. Hugs to you all, you know who you are!
~*~*~*~
So there you are folks, a little reminiscing and a fun look back at some numbers. I hope you all had a memorable productive year too. So tell me, do you have a memory you care to share that was a highlight for you last year? It doesn't have to be just one! Have a wonderful day.
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
15 comments:
It was fun to read your highlights. I love both your favorite pieces from 2013. Both are gorgeous! And the motorcycle sidecar -- so much fun! The ocean is always a highlight for me when I can get to it!
What an exciting post! You had quite the productive year in 2013 and your finishes were so lovely.
Kudos to you, Lisa, for meeting so many of your stitching goals. Wow! The stitched pieces you shared with us on this post are BEAUTIFUL. I can see why they captivated your readers. Also loved the pics of your non-stitchy highlights. I think that's so cool when people get to do things they've always wanted to do. Love the pic of you in that motorcycle sidecar!
That's a pretty good year you had - may 2014 be just as good or even better :-)
Enjoyed reading your highlights from 2013. Hope 2014 brings you more finishes and more adventures.
Robin in Virginia
I like your highlights, both stitchy and non-stitchy ones! I wonder what this year will bring?
I sure did enjoy reading your highlights :) John Foster is my favorite ever and I love yours! :)
Cool ride in a sidecar! And the ocean,...that is heaven to me!
LOL I loved your recap of stitching for 2013 and going forward for 2014. I remember the side car - lol. FUN!
Seeing your scissor pouch made me think I finished that one last year too. Seems so long ago -lol. Fun post Lisa I sure enjoyed it. love Annette
I absolutely love your favorite finish. You accomplished a lot in 2013!
Loved seeing your year in review!
I'm always amazed at all you get accomplished between working and your excursions!
Hope to see you soon!
Well, you know I love John Foster, and will bring him out this year for a bit of stitching. Loved that sidecar too. I now know what I FORGOT to write about in my blog yesterday... my numbers! sigh...
Your favorite finish is so gorgeous, Lisa--I can see why it came out on top :) And what fun memories--especially the sidecar!
I think my favorite thing on your blog has been watching that amazing Hornbook Bestiary develop--I love it so much!
Glad you were so pleased with your 2013 stitching year--may 2014 hold even more fabulous finishes :)
Lisa, your Quaker scissors pocket is right up my alley! Now that I've seen yours, I'll definitely hae to track the design down.
I would recognize that shoreline shot anywhere! So glad you had such a wonderful visit down here.
Loved your highlights of the year. Such beautiful finishes!
Kathy
What a great year in review - thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment