Saturday, January 25, 2014

Stitchaway Retreat part 2

*** "Heads up" this is a picture heavy post.  Woo Hoo!!! ***

I'm back!  It's time to share all the stitchy goodness that was Show and Tell!   It never ceases to amaze me how much talent fills the room at Stitchaway.  Wow!  I'll let the pictures speak for themselves and chime in when I can.  Let's get right to the good stuff!

This was the stitcher's first linen piece!  Pretty awesome.

This one was done by my friend, Susan.  I've admired it from the first time I saw it.  I'm so proud of her for finishing this up so quickly.  It was stitched in honor of a friend who died of cancer.  Susan generously gifted me with her used chart after Show and Tell.  I am so touched by your gift, dear friend!  Thank you again.

This was done by one of the girls from our table for her son's wedding sampler.  The happy couple lives in Alaska.


I'm sure you recognize these two Foster brothers (mine and Marsha's).  Laying on the table is Marsha's finished Mary's Sampler.  Love the frame she chose!  The local LNS is going to display all the Foster brothers together in the shop soon.  It's going to be awesome!


Sorry for the funky glare!

These were stitched by a group of friends!  I love how they all look so different.

This one was done by my guild friend, Sue B.  She had one of the Stitchaway attendees translate the words into Spanish for her last year.  It was one of our guild's class projects.



Some of these were done by one of our youngest Stitchaway attendee!  I didn't catch her age but I'm guessing she was probably still in elementary school.  Love to see a young one stitching!  You go girl!

This piece was done at the LNS anniversary getaway in Cape Cod last year.  It's a Jeannette Douglas piece.  Love everything about this one!




This one was done by the stitcher our LNS owner affectionately calls "Turbo."
 
Another Turbo piece.

And the final piece, another Turbo.  I love this one!  My mom would too.

~*~*~*~

To continue the stitchy goodness, here's my progress on the projects I brought to stitch.  A couple of them I know you've not seen yet!

 
I was able to get all the next row's boxes done and started "O is for Owl!"  I just love those eyes.  I've actually gotten a bit farther on this one since last weekend.  I'll show that in it's own post soon!


This was going to be an ornament but I didn't get very far with it.  It's from the 2013 JCS Christmas Ornaments issue.  It's called "Frosty Flake" by Needle Bling Designs.  I'm using the called for DMC and a piece of 25 ct. Lugana stitched one over one.

 
This is my New Year's Day start.  Our guild is doing a Quaker challenge this year and this is my piece.  It's called "Quaker Faith" by Little by Little Designs.  I actually won this two years ago from Melissa at Words and Blooms' blog!  Thank you again, Melissa.  I'm really enjoying this stitch.  I've actually made more progress on this one too since last weekend.  It's become my lunch time stitch.

~*~*~*~

Well folks, once again I've become windy.  I'll save the rest for the next time.  As you can tell, the getaway was full of eye candy and there was even some stitching accomplished!  Yay!

Thanks for stopping by for a peek.  I hope your day is good and you get to put a needle to linen today.


More next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

11 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a wonderful weekend you had! Thank you for sharing all the fabulous pictures of show and tell.

Robin in Virginia

PS Great progress on your pieces!

Margaret said...

Wow! So many beautiful pieces! And I love your hornbook progress. Fantastic!

krayolakris said...

What a fabulous assortment of beautiful pieces! Lots of talent in your group and yay for the youngest stitcher!

Shirlee said...

Beautiful show & tells! I love that bird Turbo as well : ) Your alphabet piece is really coming along great! Love the snowman start : )

Laura said...

Oh my goodness!! What a treat this was to see all of these pieces!! Wish all of stitcher's could have one big retreat!!!!!!!

Lucy May said...

I'm jealous! You get to go on so many fun get away treats! Everyones work is glorious!

Melissa said...

What a lot of beautiful pieces!

Glad you are stitching Quaker Faith - looking forward to seeing more of your progress!

Maggee said...

I don't think we have a Guild on this side of the water... maybe I should investigate that! Cause it sure looks like you have fun! What great pictures of finishes! Turbo does some BAP's! Each piece you photographed is lovely! Including your pieces in progress. I used to get some stitching done at lunch, but a friend joins me now and we walk and talk. Exercise or stitching--a very HARD decision, but exercise wins! Hugs!

Chris said...

It is always so inspiring to see finished pieces. Thanks for sharing. You are making great progress on the horn book. So pretty.
Have a great week!

Andrea said...

Thanks for the show and tell, so many inspiring pieces. Love your progress on the hornbook project.

Annette-California said...

WOW so remarkable. Fantastic progress on your hornbook sampler. Again I sure enjoyed seeing all the great stitched samplers.
love Annette