Our last morning at Stitchaway we always do some sort of "make it and take it" project together in the lodge lobby. This is the kit we got.
This is how it turned out. It's a needlebook stitched on monocanvas with a Rhodes square spool! I think I'll make some more of these as gifts. I've got all the stuff.
Here's the group busily stitching up their needlebooks by the fireplace! It was a fun way to end the weekend.
I always like to take a quick browse through the Lodge's gift shop before we start "Make it and take it." I'd seen one of the girls wearing these lovely earrings and she told me she bought them in the gift shop. I was so thrilled when I found they still had a pair! I love the gold and silver together.
I received a couple belated gifts while at the retreat too. This sweet birdy was a bleated birthday gift from my peep, Linda. I love the card. She knows I avoid the Facebook as much as possible. I've tried very hard not to get sucked into it. She's so funny!
This sweet fob was a belated Christmas present from my buddy, Meem. I love snowmen. The snow man face is actually an upcycled Scrabble game piece! Too stinkin' cute! You can never have too many fobs. Especially seasonal ones like this little guy.
I'm sure you were all wondering just what temptation found its way into my shopping bag in the retreat store. The La-D-Da chart is one I got to mark off my wish list. Yay! Of course I couldn't resist the Blackbird Designs charts in the 50% off trunk. Score! The flosses are short skeins. I think it will make good water or a mermaid's tail at some point. Yep, I'm thinking summer already! I also couldn't resist one of the Milady's Needle lockets. I've got an idea for that! All this goodness was courtesy of the gift certificate DH gave me for Christmas. Yep, he's a keeper!
Here's a close up of the wooden pieces that jumped into my bag. Can you see why I just couldn't live without them?! Everything I love...Eiffel Tower, Bees, Crowns, Fleur de Lis! Oh yeah!
Last but not least, I couldn't resist a small hunk of Leslie's juicy fabric. The chart and floss were freebies we were given at the retreat. I'm thinking I'll make a pouch of some sort out of this. We'll see!
~*~*~*~
Thanks for popping in for a visit today. It's always fun to share my adventures with you all. I hope you are staying warm today. I woke up to -12 degree temps today. It's not even above zero yet right now! Brr!!!! You folks that this is normal weather have my utmost respect. You are some hardy people!
More next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
12 comments:
I truly enjoyed your retreat recap, Lisa! What a great haul you came home with! I like the color of the piece of fabric you purchased. What is it called?
Stay warm!
Robin in Virginia
Love all your retreat pics...sounds like you all had a super time!
What a neat bunch of stuff! And wow! That lodge! Can I hide & come along in your suitcase next time? Love that fob!
Fantastic! Lovely gifts, lovely make and take, love your stash too!
Cute little last-minute project.
Love the Snowman fob!
You picked up some nice stash too.
Marilyn
Some very lovely stitched pieces! Your belated gifts are nice--I really like the fob. And your stash bag was filled with great stuff! Thanks for sharing. A heat wave of 30 will be heading your way!
Judy Heartland stitcher
Love all the pics. Sounds like so much fun!
You got some good stitching done too!
Love all the stash!
Kathy
Wonderful gifts, and lovely new stash. I'm glad you got to go and again thank you for sharing. I really needed to see pretties today:)
love Annette
Wrap ups make me sad... But it was fun to see, and it's out there on the blog, to enjoy again and again. Enjoyed seeing everything! Hugs!
I am just catching up with your posts, Lisa (was away at my mom's last week), so I'm a bit late commenting. Looks like you had a wonderful time at the retreat and I loved seeing everyone's stitching. Your Hornbook is stunning (I hope you aren't tired of me telling you that each time you post!!) and I loved seeing what you came home with, too.
Such nice gifts (I'm another Facebook hater!) from your friends and DH... Looks like you're all set for another great stitching year :)
Stay warm now--this cold, snowy weather is getting very tiresome, isn't it?
I love the tower and the fleur <3 <3<3
ooooo nice goodies you got that snow man is soo cute :)
love the spool Rhodes too the colours are lovely :) and yes think DH is a keeper too ...lol love mouse xxxx
Post a Comment