This is the "mobile" shop Barbara set up in one of the conference rooms! Check out all those happy shoppers. This year there were eight trunk shows! Let's have a look.
This is Under the Sea Fabrics! Just look at those juicy fabrics. Swoon! These are hand-dyed by one of our newest guild members, Leslie. I wish you could see these in person. They are lovely!
These are a few from Jeannette Douglas Designs. I really love Jeannette's stuff and she is such a hoot to hang out with. If you ever get the chance to meet her or take one of her classes you'll have a blast!
This is Praiseworthy Stitches. I actually have the strawberry pincushion in the middle and the roll-up behind it. Seeing it in person was really fun! Now I really want to stitch them.
Here's La D Da! I couldn't resist this one. I got to check off one from my wish list. La D Da is a favorite of mine.
These are from Elizabeth's Needlework Designs with Val's Stitchin' Stuff next to them. Lots of fun stuff here.
Check out all this awesomeness from Images Stitchery Design. Oh. My. Goodness! I am a confessed gadget girl and I kinda lost my mind when I saw all these. Yep, several of these just happened to jump into my bag. I'm sure you've experienced jumping gadgets too. Right?! LOL!
Here are the peeps busily stitching away to their heart's content. Our group has gotten so big that we had to push several tables together to accommodate us all this year! It was nonstop giggles and craziness. I love these people!
Since this post has gotten a bit lengthy, I think I stop for now. Next time I'll show you all the show and tell goodness as well as some other fun stuff!
~*~*~*~
So earlier I hinted at an explanation, I don't normally share a lot of personal stuff here because who really wants to read it anyway. Right? However, I have so many things I want to tell you but seriously no time right now to sit down and do it. That's buggin' me!
My work life has suddenly become really nutty and it's consuming all my time and energy right now. It's all good, just busy. I'm still finding time to stitch but my posts may be a little sporadic until things settle down. I miss you guys and felt like I should tell you what's up. Maybe you wondered, maybe not...but there it is.
I'm going to try to at least get all the Stitchaway goodness shared. Seriously, you've just got to see all the good stuff! So hang with me and I'll be back as soon as I can to share more. Have an awesome day!
More soon,
The Inspired Stitcher
22 comments:
There are only so many hours in a day and sometimes things have to slip. Just do what you can and we'll still be here, waiting to see what stitchy goodness you've been up to while you were gone!! Laura
Thanks so much for sharing your adventures. I love it. And venting is therapeutic so vent away if you ever need to. Even if no one reads it, you get to get it out of your system and out into the universe so you can release it. Plus I am SO sure that there is someone out here that will read it and give you the virtual hug you need. So here... HUG.
If I was at that retreat I would have seriously had a an attack of awesomeness!!! That was amazing! So much good stuff and then to hang out and stitch!!! Can't wait for the next post!!!
well it looks like you had loads of fun and a serious case of baskititis .... heheheh love those thread holders and all the charts too ...
bah humbug with the work hope it calms down soon for you :) love mouse xxxxx
Great post about your stitchaway weekend. Enjoyed viewing the pictures and loved the snow one! Wow!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Robin in Virginia
Ooooo, looks like it was a wonderful time. I tell you what would have been jumping...my credit card, to escape all the abuse I was putting it through, LOL!! I totally understand about work...my job does the same thing now and again and it seems to totally take over your life.
The retreat sounds like a super weekend. Love all the trunk shows. And who can resist this stuff? It is our weakness. Will look forward to more when you have time. Hope there is slow down at work soon. If your temps are as cold as here...Brrrr! I am so over winter and ready for spring.
Judy Heartland stitcher
I love seeing all the fun at the retreat! Wow, so much to drool over! I hope work isn't too too crazy for you.
You know me - I LOVE all you share from your retreats. I loved this post - soo amazing. And sorry to hear your work place is crazy for you but hopefully it will settle down soon. Thanks for sharing.
love Annette
Looks like a very nice retreat with lots of stitchery to see.
Wow, Barbara did a dynamite job with the boutique--so many goodies!!! Looks like a wonderful time was had by all! And the snow....what could have been more perfect?
I am so glad that I am not the only one that has witnessed those jumping gadgets! Amy in OK
It looks like a fun time, glad you were able to have a getaway from work for awhile.
Can't wait to see Show-And-Tell.
Marilyn
Wow!!! Looks like you guys had SO much fun!!!!
It looks a wonderful retreat. Lots of lovely samples too.
That looks like a fantastic retreat! I am sure that you had a great time.
That snow is gorgeous! What a beautiful setting for a getaway! Loved seeing all the displays & I, too, am a gadget junkie : ) Looking forward to hearing more about the retreat : )
wow! Looks like a wonderful event!
wow! Looks like a wonderful event!
Oh what a fun retreat!
It's ok to vent. I totally get it with the work stress. At least it sounds like it's "fine" but just busy (?). Hope you will sail through it soon! Take care!
I, personally, am waiting with baited breath for the next retreat post! I understand about work, as mine has gone crazy too. Was La-D-Da's Lori AT your retreat? Were all the designers there, or did your LNS just feature them? I met Leslie at PALS--she is a great person! My daughter painted on two (temp) tattoos for her! I look forward to the next post, at your leisure... Hugs!
It all looks amazing! I am so envious that you have these retreats to attend. Even in the snow!
Post a Comment