Monday, June 18, 2012

A Blast from the Past!

I got inspired reading Nan's post which led me to Karen's post.  I see now why they call it the web!  LOL!  Anyway, both were showing some some of their golden oldies or throwbacks.  I thought that was a fun idea so I dug out a couple of mine to show you.  I'll warn you though, you are going to see a bunch of Aida here!  ;o)


I started stitching back in the early 80's.  My Granny A. would buy me little kits to work on when I would stay with her in the summer.  Then she started buying them for holidays and birthdays once I got hooked.  As you can tell by the price tag in the picture these kits were purchased a long time ago.  I found a receipt in there that was dated 1986!  Yep, I kid you not!

This is the finished "Swedish Ivy" kit from the picture above.

I spent many an hour sitting on the porch swing propped up on a pile of pillows happily stitching away!  That's my dream now to be able to do just that again!  Too bad Granny is no longer around to share my stitching with.  I know she'd enjoy seeing how the seed she planted so very long ago has really taken off.  Sigh!

This is one from a magazine.  I can't remember which one now.

If you post a picture of a golden oldie on your blog, let me know in the comments!  I'd love to stop by and have a look!  Thank you so much for stopping by and drifting down memory lane with me today.

Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

5 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh what fun! It's cool to see what you were stitching once upon a time!

Vickie said...

What a great Granny you had. :) http://astitchersstory.blogspot.com/

Cathy B said...

I'm sure I could find some golden oldies and mine are stitched on aida too!!!

Peggy Lee said...

I'm sure I have something around here I could share. I'll let you know. Thanks for the trip!

Annette-California said...

Thank you for sharing such lovely memories about your granny. Your kits still look wonderful:) Priceless tokens from your Granny.
Yes I have a few old projects I had stitched back in the 80's. One day I will post photos of them. Always a pleasure visiting you.
love Annette