Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Secret Stitcher

Yesterday the mailman brought me a big package from my Secret Stitcher.  I couldn't imagine what she could have possibly sent!  Well, check this out...


Oh Secret Stitcher, you got me!  You really got me this month!!!  I giggled and giggled when I opened this package last night.  Here's what was inside. 


Now dear friends, I know you are thinking okay what's so funny about that?  I have to tell you a little back story.

Last month at Tiara we got on the subject of shoes somehow.  I don't remember how.  Anyway, I told the story of how my honey hates gold shoes.  He calls them Grandma Max shoes.  This is because his grandma loved her gold shoes.

Well, I bought a pair of metallic gold sandals one summer and he just about had a fit!  Now mind you, my honey is not one who normally says anything at all about what I wear.  However, he just kept on and on teasing me about these shoes.  He was really a happy the day these sandals finally died.

For Christmas that year he and his sister even went so far as to find a pair of sneakers just like the ones I wore, spray painted them gold, and wrapped them up for my present.  Well, I just about died because I thought they were my sneakers!!!  Of course they were quite pleased with themselves that they got me.

Ever since the sandals died, I've been on the look out for another pair of gold sandals to tease him with and actually wear.  Guess what?!  Now you know why I loved this package so much!

The craziest part is these flip flops are exactly my right size too!  Now Secret Stitcher, you really are good!  I don't remember mentioning what size I wear.  Maybe I did.  Anyway, they are great and I intend to wear these as long as they last!  LOL!

She also remembered Shelby and sent her some treats.  Which she enjoyed and wouldn't leave me alone once she sniffed them out.  That pup just cracks me up!

Speaking of, I thought I'd show you a recent pic of my girl.  I just love that tail!


Well, folks thanks for hanging with me on this post.  I know it's not really stitchy but it was just too good not to share!  Hope everyone is having a good week.


More tomorrow,

The Inspired Stitcher

7 comments:

Margaret said...

lol! Love the story! Love the present! Your secret stitcher is treating you well!

Marsha said...

That's a funny story. Shelby has grown so much! She's gorgeous.

Carol said...

Such a cute story--I'll bet you can't wait to find out just who your secret stitcher really is :) Shelby is so beautiful!!

Annette-California said...

How thoughtful of your secret stitcher to send you gifts but also treats for Shelby. lol I enjoyed your story. they should have a little tag saying "Grandma Max".

Shirlee said...

Funny story! Your Secret Stitcher really knows what you ... & Shelby ... like : )

Christie said...

Love the new flippers and the background story. I do love the tail also. Miss Shelby is such a pretty girl.

Veronica said...

Cute sandals. Love the background story. Miss Shelby is such a princess. Love that tail too :D

Hugs,
Veronica.