Monday, June 4, 2012

Exchange received & a fun weekend

Wow, what an action packed weekend I had!  It all started before I ever left work on Friday.  My honey called me to tell me there was a card in the mailbox saying I had a package to pick up at the post office.

Well, I knew exactly what that just had to be!  So on my way home and before I left for the stitch-in, I stopped by to get it!


My Blackbird Designs Exchange arrived from Mexico!!!  I'm so relieved it finally made it.  These were so worth the wait.  Just look at these darling stockings Laura stitched for me!

They are just so perfectly stitched! Laura even included some beautiful lace which she told me is 60 years old!  I love it!

Check out the violets on this one and that cute ric rack hanger!  Oh my goodness, such cuteness!

Thanks again to Laura for a wonderful exchange.  I'm so glad we both finally received our packages safe and sound!  Thanks also to Patti for hostessing a great exchange.

***


As I mentioned before, I was headed into the city to our monthly first Friday stitch-in at the LNS.  We were a super large crowd for some reason!  If the weather were warmer the peeps and I were going to move to the porch to stitch!  However, it was 55 degrees so we stayed put inside!

Mid-way through the evening the owner said I won the super grand prize!  I wasn't real sure what she was talking about.  Turns out one of my readers (you know who you are) traveled all the way from Champaign, Illinois, just to shop there because she saw this picture on my blog!  Can you even believe that?!

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around someone reading this here blog,  going to all the trouble to search out where the LNS is, and then driving hundreds of miles to go there just because of something I wrote!

Now tell me, is that crazy or what?!  This blog thing continues to amaze me.  Really!  I can't believe I inspired someone that much!!!  So Judy from Champaign, if you would please email me (my email is in my profile) I've got a funny story to tell you!

***


So what else did I get up to this weekend?  Well this pile tells quite a story!

One night last week my honey heard a thud right before we went to bed.  He looked outside and didnt' see anything so no worries.  Well, the next morning I looked out the patio door and the tree had randomly dropped a huge limb!  This is the very same tree we had Miss Shelby tethered to the night before while my honey mowed grass!

This tree has been dead since the hurricane rolled through several years ago and we just hadn't gotten around to cutting it down yet.  Needless to say the tree won't be dropping any more limbs!

We are donating this pile of wood to a family we know who only has a wood burner to heat their house.  This little under taking took the biggest part of Saturday's daylight hours.  We quit when it got too dark to see anymore.  Glad to not have that worry anymore!

***



Yesterday my honey asked me if I wanted to go for a ride?!  Well that's a no-brainer!  Yes!!!  Anytime I can get him to get out the Harley for a ride I'm on it!!!  I just love riding that bike with him.  It's something that makes him happy and something we can do together.  Win-win all around!  Needless to say we took a good long ride and I loved every minute of it.

This also means that between taking down the tree and riding, I didn't put a single stitch into anything since the stitch-in Friday night.  You know what, I don't even care!  Yep, that's probably blasphemy to say on a stitch blog but it was so much fun spending time with my honey!  Sometimes you just have to seize opportunities when you can...and when the weather is cooperating!

***

To keep the end of this post somewhat stitch related, I will tell you that I did get the stitching done on my biscornu at the stitch-in (sorry no pic yet) Friday night!  I can't wait to show it to you!

I was also invited to join another online exchange over at the Seasonal Exchange blog!  I'm super excited about this one as my blog buddy LisaS is hostessing this one.  I can't wait to see who my partner is!  This one is summer themed!  It is going to be so much fun choosing what to stitch!  Summer is my very favorite time of year, dontcha know!

***


Well, if you've stuck with me this far, congrats!  I know this post is much longer than my usual ones but there was a lot that happened between Friday night and today!  I can guarantee you all got more stitching done than I did!  So I'm passing the Wonder Woman cape to each of you!  LOL!

I hope you all had a great weekend too! Thanks for visiting with me today.


Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

10 comments:

Annette-California said...

Your BBD stockings are very Lovely. Exchange's are fun. As for the lady(Judy) who shopped at your LNS - sounds like a adventurous fun loving shopper to me - who likes to shop for needlework:) WAY TO GO JUDY! Thank you for sharing this story - Amazing.

Laura said...

I'm glad you've been to your liking.
I am also in the seasonal exchange.
Hugs.

dulcinella said...

The stockings are beautiful! Exchanges are really fun. Hope you'll enjoy the next one as much as this one.

Mouse said...

ohhh glad you got your cute stockings ok ....
and wow Miss Shelby was extremely lucky with that tree ... glad you have got it sorted and off to a good home ...
love the bike ... one day may be get a ride ;)
and what prize did you win ???? and that was great some one went to the shop just coz of your photo :)
hope you manage a wee bit of stitching time this week :) love mouse xxxxx

Lisa S said...

LOVE the stockings from Laura! She stitches lovely and always does beautiful finishing! I've been fortunate to receive a few of her treasures :)
How cool that someone drove a long way to go to your LNS because you posted about it on your blog! One day if I ever do a road trip up north I may have to LNS-hop .

Wow! glad Shelby wasn't under that tree! So who was using the chainsaw to cut it down? You or Mr.P? lol

Finally a picture of Mr.P and his motor-sickle! LOL Next time get a full on shot :) I don't blame you for seizing the moment! Good for you G/f! I would have done the same.

So glad you joined the Seasonal exchange. It is such a wonderful group with talented stitchers. You fit right in.

Hugs

Peggy Lee said...

Very beautiful exchange pieces! Wasn't it awesome of Laura to include that lace? WOW

So glad you had a wonderful weekend. Sounds like you had a great time on the bike!

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

Congrats on winning the grand prize. Those stockings are darling! Laura did a terrific job on them!

Shirlee said...

What a fun post! I loved seeing all the photos & reading about all you have been up to : )

Carol said...

Such cute stockings from Laura--I can see why you're so happy, Lisa!

I'm so glad Miss Shelby was no where in sight when that huge limb fell! Glad you go the tree down and I know the family who is getting the wood will be thrilled...

I enjoyed your long blog post--welcome to the club :)

Giovanna said...

Very cute stockings, well done to Laura.