Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Retreat Pre-stitching


I really thought I'd already posted this picture but when I went looking for it I discovered I hadn't so here it is!  This is my pre-stitching for the Russellville Retreat.  I don't know what we are going to do with it yet as it's a surprise.  We'll find out when we get to the retreat.

Designer:  The Drawn Thread
Fabric:  as kitted
Floss:  DMC as kitted
Started:  6/14/12
Finished:  6/21/12

I stitched this design once before back in 2009 when I joined the sampler guild.  I didn't know if the stitchers were sticklers for name tags like the quilt guilds are so I didn't want to take any chances by not having one.  Turns out the stitchers are way more easy going about those things than the quilters.  LOL!

Started:  3/15/09
Finished & Completed:  3/22/09


When I stitched the first one I used the called for colors and fabric.  I would have never even attempted to substitute anything back then.  Boy, has that changed!  I really like the colors Belinda chose for us.  I can't wait to see what we do with it!

Speaking of the Russellville Retreat, we are on the count down now!  In two weeks we will be on our grand adventure south!  This will be my third year attending.  It's going to be like a reunion.  We are going to have a blast!

***

I just noticed my blogoversary is in 5 days!  I can hardly believe I've been at this blog thing for a  whole year already!  Wow, did that year just speed by or what?!  I've noticed that it seems to be customary in the blog o'sphere to do a giveaway on your blogoversary.  I'll have to see what I can come up with.  Hmmm....need to perkolate on that idea.

Thank you so much for your sweet comments and emails on my shout out post.  You all are just so nice!  I hope everyone is having a good week so far.


Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

9 comments:

Margaret said...

Nice pre-stitching! I hope your retreat is fun!

Cathy B said...

I like the new colors - very pretty!

Peggy Lee said...

Oh that's gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you are to make with it.

Where is Russellville?

Annette-California said...

Wow Beautiful Lisa. I kept looking back and forth of the 2 tags. Amazing how different the design looks simply by changing the fabric and colors. LOVE IT!!! I had to laugh about your comment of the quilters:)))

Giovanna said...

It's very pretty - have a nice time at the retreat.

Shirlee said...

Can't wait to see what your mystery piece ends up being : ) I remember name tags at quilt groups very well. I still have mine from when I was in a group in North Dakota in the early-mid 90s : )

dulcinella said...

It's very beautiful. I love the fabric color you
used now. Is it handdyed?

Carol said...

Really pretty stitching, Lisa! Isn't it funny how we finally get up our courage to change colors, etc. the longer we stitch? It almost seems to be a given every time I stitch a chart any more that I'll make at least one change :)

Have a wonderful time at your retreat--take lots of photos!

Vickie said...

The two patterns look so different! I like them both though. :)