Friday, June 8, 2012

Christmas Sewing Set Biscornu DONE!

Just how does a week zip past in the blink of an eye like this past one did I'll never know.  It seems like it was just Monday and now we are looking at a weekend!  Crazy stuff, I tell ya!  I hope the whole summer doesn't move this fast!

~*~*~*~

I finally got around to doing the finishing on the biscornu!  I really like how it turned out and it looks great with the rest of the set!  Check it out!  Hot off the needle!



Design: A Christmas Sewing Set Biscornu
Designer:  Giulia Punti Antichi
Fabric:  35 ct. WDW Parchment
Floss:  WDW as charted
Started:  5/12/12
Finished:  5/30/12
Completed:  6/8/12

 The last picture is true to color.  I love the button my mom picked out the day we went to the button show.  It is just perfect with the design.


 Here's the whole set showing the fronts of everything.  The shoe is a needle book that also holds the hornbook style thread pallet/thimble holder.

This one shows the back of the shoe, fob and biscornu!

As I mentioned before, I originally stitched the set at the Tiara retreat back in 2009.  It was such a fun stitch then and the biscornu was as well.  I'm so glad my buddy LisaS gifted me with this chart!  Thanks, girlfriend!!

~*~*~*~

This weekend I'm planning to finish up my piece for the Seasonal Exchange and work on some other goodies I've got going right now.  I just love doing gift stitching!  I may even go stash diving.  I'm really in the mood to make smalls right now!

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Thanks for taking the time to visit with me today.


Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

17 comments:

Annette-California said...

Absolutely beautiful, all your smalls. What a lovely set. Are these all for you? Incredible! And did you made those tassels? WOW!

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

Your biscornu is so elegant! Beautifully done, and yes, that button was perfect for it!

Sarah said...

Lovely set, it really does have a very Christmasy feel!

Bertie said...

Beautiful!! The whole set is just stunning, congragulations! I missed your button show post, WOW you were so lucky to find these wonderful buttons, the acorn is a gem:))
Have a sunny Weekend!

Shirlee said...

Your biscornu is lovely!

Margaret said...

The biscornu looks great, as does the whole set. Very pretty! Your mom picked a good button for the biscornu!

Vickie said...

Just beautiful! Job well done. :)

Judy said...

Very beautiful set..sitiching and finishing are fabulous! The time does fly by so quickly...oh to be a kid again when even a day seemed to creep by. Will look forward to more posts of goodies!

Judy heartland stitcher

Anne said...

Wow! The set looks splendid together! How lovely they are! Pretty button for the biscornu!!

Mouse said...

ooooohhhhhhhhh .... simply gorgeous .....
and it was well worth the wait to get them finished ... the button is divine too ....

sooo what else did you chose to do ????
Bentley says Hi to Shelby :)
love mouse xxxxx

Carol said...

What a beautiful set you've created, Lisa! And that biscornu completes it perfectly...

Looking forward to seeing what you'll be working on next ("smalls fever" is very contagious!!)

Mindi said...

Great job on the biscornu, and the set is absolutely amazing.

BrendaS said...

Very very nice Lisa! Love the whole set:)

Have a great week.

Stitching Noni said...

What a lovely set. Well done, they look great ;0)

geeky Heather said...

I love the colors!! Congrats on finishing the set...it's beautiful.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a beautiful finished set, your sewing skills are as good as your stitching!
I love the button too.

Valentina said...

What a gorgeous set you've stitched!