I finally got all the pictures sorted and ready to go! Whew, that was an undertaking. LOL! I'll warn you, you are in for a long post today and probably again tomorrow too. Here we go!
Here's the gang packed and ready to shove off. It was a beautiful sunny day and hot as usual.
A while back I alluded to doing a lot of gift stitching that I couldn't yet show. Well, you've already seen two of the things I've been working on in my last couple posts (here and here). Now I can show you the rest of it! I gave my roomies their gifts before we headed out for dinner.
I stitched us all ORTs buckets!!! I saw these buckets at Michael's when I was there looking for something else and knew right away what I wanted to do with them! I always forget my ORTs container but not this time! Don't you just love the little washers on their twisted cord?!
Design: Summer Alphabet (just the flops)
Designer: Lizzie Kate & Stitchpoint
Fabric: 40 ct. Antique White (1 over 2)
Floss: "C" = DMC 52 + 907
"P" = 113 + 742
"L" = 107 + 912
"P" = 113 + 742
"L" = 107 + 912
Started: 6/23/12
Finished and completed all three: 6/24/12
Design: Queen Bee
Desinger: JBW Designs
Fabric: 40 ct. Antique White (1 over 2)
Floss: WDW Confetti
Started & Finished: 6/22/12
Completed: 6/28/12
Next up, I made this for a very special person I only see at this retreat. I just wanted to make a little something as a thank you to show my appreciation for all the special things she does. Besides, this one just screamed her name to me when I saw it. I think it turned out super cute! It's only the second time I've attempted this finish and this one is pretty tiny, only 2 1/2 inches square! Love it!
After the gift giving we headed out to meet the group and head over to the restaurant for dinner. Here's some of the group chatting it up while we waited for everyone to arrive.
There were two of them but I ate one before getting my picture. They were chocolate mousse in a chocolate cup with homemade whipped cream and a drizzle of raspberry topped with mint leaves! Oh yes, they were to die for!!!
After dinner we all headed back to the Breathitt House to drop off more stuff and arrange the room for the next day's stitching. Then we all headed back to the hotel to rest up for a day of stitching and fun!
Stay tuned! We are just getting started with all the fun and festivities. Thanks for stopping by and reading clear to the bottom here.
More to come...
The Inspired Stitcher
13 comments:
Oh so exciting! I love what you made for your roomies and yourself -- the buckets are sooooooo cute! Love seeing all the pics and the activities too! Looking forward to seeing more!
ooooooooooooooooooooo love those wee ort buckets and your pudding looks fabulous ....
gorgeous shots of the river as well ... glad you are having a fab time there :)
love mouse xxxxx
How crafty of you to fix up those buckets for ORTs. They are adorable.
Oh my...I haven't eaten yet and that chocolate goody has me drooling just a bit. YUM!
Looking forward to your next post!
:o)
I love the ort jars, what a cute idea!
Such cute ORT containers and thread drops! And how fun to have flip flops on them. Thanks for sharing your retreat journey...looking forward to more.
What adorable gifts you created. Looks like the start of a fun retreat.
Hi..I live an hour from Cincinnati Kentucky bridge... how far from there was the retreat. Maybe I can go next year
Ooooh, those buckets are just gorgeous - how clever of you to chose them as gifts.
What nice gifts to give Lisa.:)
Looks like a fun retreat! Can't wait to see your post and love all the stitchy goodies!
Martha
Oh what fun! I like the Ort buckets you made - very cute!
Looove the ort buckets!!! They are darling!! I just made an ort jar too! Looks like you are having a great time so far!!!
I'm hoping to go on a retreat someday - they always sound like so much fun! The ort buckets are so cute and I love the thread drops too! You are a pretty creative lady! :) Can't wait to see more pictures.
Post a Comment