Friday, July 13, 2012

Seasonal Exchange - Summer



Design: A Very Merry Summer
Designer: JBW Designs
Fabric: 28ct. White Opalescent Linen
Floss: DMC (my own conversion)
Started:  6/5/12
Finished & Completed:  6/14/12

I'm so pleased to finally be able to share another finish with you today.  I saw on the Seasonal Exchange blog that my partner had posted it was received so here it is!

As you may remember, I was invited to participate in this exchange way back in May!  My exchange partner was Alison over at Stitches of Time.  This little pillow winged it's way across the pond in record time!



I chose this design because I knew it was one of Alison's favorite designers and I had read on her blog that she has a summer house in Spain on the water! I chose the opalescent fabric because it reminded me of the way light sparkles on water. This picture shows it better than the first two.

It was difficult to give it away as it turned out really really cute.  I'm so glad Alison likes it. It was a pleasure to stitch!

~*~*~*~

Thank you Alison for being my partner and thank you to Lisa S. for inviting me to participate.  I can't wait to see what I receive from the person who is stitching for me!  I just love exchanges!

Thanks a bunch for taking the time to visit with me and for allowing me to share another great finish with you.  I hope you all have a great weekend!


Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

7 comments:

Margaret said...

Beautiful exchange you made! Love it!

Lucy May said...

Really really cute! I love all those sweet little JBW patterns!

Penny said...

Very summery and I really like the sparkly fabric too! :)

carol fun said...

Cute little piece! The sparkly fabric was a great choice.

Yana Hanim said...

so pretty, what a thoughtful gift!

Giovanna said...

Very pretty exchange piece, well done!

Carol said...

I'm sure Alison loved it, Lisa--really cute finish :)