Sunday, July 22, 2012

Russellville Retreat - day 4

Hi all!  Life has had me sidetracked for the past several days.  I didn't mean to leave you all hanging.  LOL!  So where were we?  Oh yes, I was going to share with you all the wonderful show and tell!  Here goes...


Please excuse the lighting in these pics.  We display the show and tell on the piano in the front parlor.  The only light in there is the one on the piano and what comes in through the windows.  The chandelier really isn't that bright either.

Anyway, back to the fun...

Here is my peep, Patti's show and tell.  She does amazing work and is a great finisher too.  Several of these pieces were projects from the Dying to Stitch retreat she went to last fall.  I just love the beach themed ones and, of course, the hornbook!  You know how I love hornbooks!!!

Check this one out!  It says "Twas Friday morn when we set sail, and we had not got far from land, When the Captain he spied a lovely mermaid, with a comb and a glass in her hand."  I love that mermaid, don't you?!  Seems I have a thing for mermaids lately.  I think it's the Capricorn in me.  LOL!

This is Belinda's pillow.  I love the fabric she chose to stitch it on and to finish it.  I love me some polka dots!  I may have to do this one as a reminder to myself with those wise words.  I think my yoga instructor would agree too!


Sandy stitched and framed all of these Prairie Schoolers!  She said they were for sale too.  She did a great job on all of them.

I don't recall who did these but they really turned out cute!

Here's another one that I don't remember who  stitched it but it turned out really pretty.  It's got a great saying and great colors.  I think this might be a Lizzie Kate.

This is Sue's sewing box for her granddaughter Bree.  Isn't it just the sweetest thing?!  I love those button wheels on the cart.

I think this is another one of Patti's.  She is very fond of Shepherd's Bush designs.  It turned out really nice!

I know this is a Lizzie Kate but don't know who stitched it.  Isn't that saying so very true!  I know the maker has plans to make it into a tin topper or at least I think so since it was laying on top of a tin.


These two tote bags were from the New Mexico retreat our hostess held.  Remember she gave us a hunk of this fabric and some floss?  I got lucky the other day and found one of these totes at my local Hobby Lobby.  I am working on my own version with an "L." I'm almost done stitching it too!  Hopefully it will make an appearance on the blog soon.

That's all the show and tell.  I'm going to show pics of the attendees just because I know several of them are readers now. 

Here's our Missouri girls with our hostess.  Looks like they were having a good laugh.  We did a lot of that!

Here's our Northern Ohio girls!  Psst...the one on the right just had a milestone birthday and we had cake with her Saturday night!  Yum!

Here's our semi-local girls.  One's from Indiana and the other is across the river in Kentucky.  I just love this picture of these two!  The one on the left is a new MOB (mother of the bride).   We surprised her with a MOB basket of goodies.  I hope the wedding went off without a hitch!

Here's our group.  You saw us earlier though!  We are all holding the ORTs buckets I made us.  There's Senior Frog and Fiona again too!


Here are the Michigan girls!  These two were having a ball all weekend.  The one on the right is the one who stitched all the Prairie Schoolers.


Here's the New Mexico group.  These ladies fly in just to spend the weekend.  Now these are some dedicated stitchers for sure!  That's our hostess there in the red.  I'll be seeing at least four of them at the Shepherd's Bush retreat in September too!

Here's the whole group on the staircase in the entryway.  We were lucky enough to have a guest with us Saturday night to take our picture.  Normally we just grab someone off the street.  Oh yes, we do!  I kid you not.  We are wild like that dontcha know!

Sadly, this brings us to the end of my Russellville Retreat tales.  I hope you enjoyed seeing what I saw and hearing about what we did.  I truly do enjoy this retreat.  It's so much like a family reunion.  We've all gotten to know each other and we feel like a sisterhood now.  It's just wonderful.  I'm already looking forward to next year!

Thanks again for reading along and for visiting with me.  I really do appreciate your visits.  I don't normally blog this frequently in one week's time but this week I had a lot to say.  LOL!  Welcome to all the newcomers!  I hope everyone has a great week.


Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher


12 comments:

Mouse said...

lovely to see you all and all the goodies that you have all stitched ... nice to see senior frog having fun with his cousins and the orts too :)
gorgeous stitched pieces on display as well :)
take care and happy stitching :)
love mouse xxxx

Margaret said...

Such a treat to see all the lovely stitching! Fun to see all the ladies as well! Glad you all had a great time!

Jannie said...

Wow! I'll get to meet you at the SB Retreat. It'll be so cool to meet some folks that I actually follow their blogs. I'll need to bring an autograph book. Cool retreat and great projects. Thx for sharing!

Shirlee said...

Thanks for sharing all the photos! It was just like being there : )

Carol said...

What fun to see everyone's projects--you must come home with a list a mile long of "must-stitch" charts :)

Giovanna said...

Thanks for sharing all these lovely pictures.

Peggy Lee said...

I really enjoyed your pics of the retreat. Thanks so much for sharing. All these stitchy treats are such beautiful eye candy. Love the Faith saying especially.

Siobhán said...

Oh my goodness, what fun you guys obviously had! I loved seeing all the photos. Thanks for sharing!

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

It looks like everyone had a ton of fun at the retreat! And oh, my, how I enjoyed all the photos of the stitched treasures. All of them are lovely, though I am especially fond of those Prairie Schoolers. Thank you sharing these with us!
Kimber

Cathy B said...

I met your stitching friends at the Dyeing to Stitch retreat last fall. I guess I better get busy and finish my retreat pieces, LOL! Patti did a nice job on hers.

What a fun weekend you all had!

dixiesamplar said...

Looks like you ladies had a great time with tons of gorgeous stitching! Lucky gals...

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thank you for sharing your retreat fun. I'm so envious of you all!