Design: Seasonal Mementos III - Uncle Sam
Designer: Mary Garry's Sewing Cabin
Fabric: 28 ct. natural
Floss: DMC as charted
Started: 6/29/12
Finished: 7/14/12
I'm pleased to say I got it done! Since I've been in an Americana mood lately I started on this just before the holiday! I plan to make this into a pin keep. I just love Mary Garry's designs. I wish they weren't so hard to find.
I'm pleased to say I got it done! Since I've been in an Americana mood lately I started on this just before the holiday! I plan to make this into a pin keep. I just love Mary Garry's designs. I wish they weren't so hard to find.
After dinner, we did our exchange. I wonder what's inside all the pretty packages? Let's see shall we...
Would you like to see what I was lucky enough to receive and what I made for the exchange?
Here is the mirror I received! Isn't it just so pretty?! The colors are simply amazing and that black fabric just makes them pop! I am one lucky girl to have gotten this one. Thank you so much Kathy!!!
Design: Friendship Grows freebie
Designer: Lizzie Kate
Fabric: 40 ct. cream (1 over 2)
Floss: DMC as charted
Started: 5/9/12
Finished: 5/11/12
Completed: 5/28/12
This is what I made for the exchange. It's what I was working on at my "one woman retreat" that I couldn't show you! Now does it make sense from the front? LOL!
I think it's so funny that my floss tag had that row of flowers on it and our retreat project is all about rows of flowers. Maybe I'll add a row of these just because I can. I love serendipity!
Here's the recipient! I think she loved it as much as I loved making it for her. I also included some of my homemade thread drops for her too.
Well this looks like a good stopping point for tonight. I still need to share the show and tell with you and some random pics too. Welcome to my new followers too! I appreciate your visit and your lovely comments.
Even more later,
The Inspired Stitcher
10 comments:
Just look at all those yummy stitchies!
It is obvious you all had loads of fun.
Very nice finish!
Gorgeous pieces, and congrats on finishing the Mary Garry - it's very sweet.
Everything is gorgeous! You do such beautiful work : )
Very nice gifts given. Uncle Sam is great too.
Oh fun fun! Love what you gave and received! Love Uncle Sam too! Love seeing what was in all those gifts!
I love that Mary Garry piece. Yes, it's a shame it's so hard to find her designs. I'm still looking for one where the woman is holding this big strawberry. Such whimsical designs!
Looks like great fun was at at this Retreat!
Cute Mary Garry piece! What a wonderful exchange!
Oh, that Uncle Sam piece is adorable--have never seen it before... You did a beautiful job on it, Lisa :)
What a great time you all had at the retreat--I'll bet you can hardly wait 'til the next one!
Very cute stuff for the retreat exchnge..especially your floss tag. Very nice job! Love the Mary Gary patriiotic piece also. Gotta love retreats! Thanks for sharing.
Judy--heartland stitcher
You are just blogging up a storm this week! So many cute things to show us! Looks like you had a lot of fun on your retreat.
Post a Comment