Tuesday, May 7, 2013

John Foster update

Sunday was the perfect day to sit and stitch on John Foster.  It was raining all day and the NASCAR race was on the television.  So while DH watched the race, I parked myself on the other end of the couch and got busy!

Progress as of 4/8/13
 
Here's last month's progress.  Remember, I got a wee bit ahead when changing the colors on those dovecotes.

Progress as of 5/5/13

Here he is as of Sunday.  I got on a roll with the center part.  I really enjoyed stitching the green Quaker motif.  I decided to keep on going and finish June's installment while I was at it.

You may notice the birds are a bit different color this month.  I decided to change my red.  The first one I'd picked just wasn't flipping my skirt but the darker one does.  I prefer this choice over the first one.  So there you go!


Here's an overall progress shot.  As of June the group will be at the half way point!  I'm hopeful they will humor me and let me take a picture of all of them together so I can share them with you next month.  There's enough color in it now so you'll see the individual choices really shine!

Well folks, that's it for today.   I'm really enjoying this one.  I think it's all the colors and of course, the bee hive!  Thanks for having a look at John.  I appreciate you taking the time to stop by for a visit.


More next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

13 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

John sure is a pretty boy, isn't he? Awesome progress and this fella is definitely on my list of things to stitch, one of these days. For now, I'll enjoy watching yours progress!

llknbillburg said...

Lovely progress and how nice that you are stitching it with your friends!! Laura

Robin in Virginia said...

John is looking mighty good! I like your bird color changes.

Robin in Virginia

Laurie in Iowa said...

Your John Foster looks wonderful.

geeky Heather said...

You made fantastic progress!! I like the bird colors, too!

Vickie said...

Great progress! Love the hive.

Shirlee said...

John looks wonderful! I love it!

Dawn said...

it looks very beautiful

Margaret said...

It's so so pretty! I love it!

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

Absolument merveilleux !!!
bravo vous êtes une fée des petites xxxx

bisous

Marilyn said...

It's looking good Lisa.
I like the Quaker motif in the middle.
Marilyn

woolwoman said...

LOVE John - wonder where mine WIP is ? - Melody

Annette-California said...

John has some incredible colors. Beautiful!!! I love this sampler. Great progress. love Annette