On the way there we made a little side trip to LaGrange, KY to check out the downtown shopping scene. It's a cute little town just off the highway. One of my buddies had been there before.
There's a train track that literally runs right smack dab down the middle of the main shopping street! Here we are waiting for it to go by so we can cross the street.
The first shop we visited was a cute little used bookstore that had a coffee bar at the front. I loved the creaky wooden floors and that familiar bookstore smell.
Here are the treasures I found there. The book on the left is an old Mountain Mist quilt book written in the 70s. It was fun to see the old patterns. The chart on the right is an old Shepherd's Bush. I couldn't resist the little sheep.
After checking out downtown LaGrange, we decided we'd better get on the road to our main destination, The Finishing Touch!
Photo from here.
This shop is deceiving upon first impressions. The inside is small compared to most places I've visited. However, don't let that fool you! This shop has a lot to offer! There's a lot tucked away in every corner and it's supremely organized. Everything is clearly priced and neatly displayed. I liked that they would do custom cuts even from the small pieces they had in a tiered basket.
Needless to say I hit the jackpot here! I got several pieces of fabric from the tiered basket. The large lavender piece came from the basket and will work for my Just Cross Stitch project. Score! I also picked up some floss for a couple projects and a couple charts I couldn't live without.
Since we still had some time left in the day we ventured to Shelbyville, KY to visit the Needle Nest and my friend Harriet. This is the shop my peep, Patti and I visit every year on our way to the Russellville Retreat. It was a first time visit for my pals.
I found a couple things here too. It was a good stop. I always enjoy visiting with Harriet.
Even though it was overcast all day and even sprinkled on us a couple times, we had a really great day out together. I always enjoy getting out and doing something different. It was a fun way to spend a Saturday. I can't wait to visit these stitch shops again on my annual trek to Russellville.
I hope everyone is having a good week. Happy May Day to everyone too! Bon heur (good luck) in the coming year!
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher

14 comments:
What a great way to spend a Saturday :-) Well done on the new stash, and thanks a bunch for displaying the mouthwatering mousse - now I'm craving one! "Moaner" experience, tee hee...
OMG that all looks so wonderful, now you've given me a place to go exploring! Thank you so much, I know it's only a short drive from Cincy but I didn't know where to go.
What a fun day! I love doing things like that with gal pals. The earrings you got are really pretty and awesome SEX too, which ties right into your MOANING treat! LOL. What a fun post!
What a fun adventure you had! Your new earrings are pretty and you found some super stash additions for your collection!
Happy May Day to you as well!
Robin in Virginia
What a lovely fun day! The earrings are great...I love to get jewelry as a "souvenir" of a trip...the bonus being that it's unique and you know you won't see it on anyone else!
Glad you enjoyed your day and thanks for sharing it with us. Nice earrings.
Looks like a PERFECT day!!!!!! Wish I was with you all!
Such a incredible Saturday. Love your post and all the photos:) Fantastic earrings, charts and threads for your stash. How FUN Lisa!! love Annette
I cracked up at Terri's comment:)
Ok, one of my favorite things to do -- virtual shopping! lol! Looks like such a wonderful outing! And that dessert! Oooooooooh yum!!!
Looks like a perfect trip! You always have the coolest places to tell us about...and we want to go there. The shop looks nice and wow so super organized! One can "almost" taste that yummy deessert! I agree with the "moan" for sure!
Judy heartland stitcher
Looks like you had a very successful shopping trip. Mmm dessert ... enough said!
wow how fun to visit even not-so-LNS - road trips are the best. Glad you had fun and found some stash you wanted. Nice lunches are always a plus. thanks for taking us along - Melody
Looks like a perfect road trip and that amazing looking dessert would have been the highlight of the day for me!!
Sounds like a perfect day, you got some great stash
Post a Comment