Design: "Tea"
Designer: Me
Fabric: 40ct. osnaburg
Floss: DMC 632 (1 over 2)
Started: 5/20/13
Finished: 5/20/13
Completed: Soon!
I decided to try stitching on osnaburg. I wanted to get the look of an actual tea bag. This is side one of two. I really enjoyed the "hand" of this new-to-me fabric option. Stay tuned for the finished piece!
Design: Heart to Heart
Designer: By The Bay Needleart
Fabric: 28ct. cream evenweave
Floss: WDW confetti (1 over 1)
Started: 5/20/13
Finished: 5/24/13
Completed: At the retreat!
I got my pre-stitching homework done for the upcoming annual Russellville retreat. Belinda sent us the chart from By The Bay Needleart along with the fabric and her signature WDW confetti. I like how it turned out! I always enjoy stitching with the over-dyes. This one is especially fun! I can't wait to see what she has us do with it.
Design: Dragonfly fob freebie
Designer: xstitchhappy.com
Fabric: 36ct. opalescent white
Floss: DMC as called for
Beads: Mill Hill 03055
Started: 5/24/13
Finished: 5/25/13
Completed: 5/28/13
This is one that's been on my "to stitch" list for quite sometime! I decided I needed a quick little stitch for some instant gratification. I really like how this one turned out with the sparkly fabric, beads, and the Light Effects floss. If you've not tried the Light Effects, I recommend it. I actually like it a bit better than Kreinik. It seems more pliable. I wish I could capture the sparkle better it's really blingy! Love that!
Design: Strawberry
Designer: Lizzie Kate
Fabric: 28ct. WDW grey/straw gingham
Floss: as kitted
Beads: as kitted
Started: 5/25/13
Finished: 5/26/13
Completed: To be framed with the kitted frame
Speaking of quick stitches from the "to stitch" list, I also finished this one over the weekend. I received this one two years ago at the Keepsakes retreat. I just hadn't gotten around to stitching it yet. This was the first time I'd used the gingham linen and I really enjoyed stitching on it. I just love strawberries. I'm really in the mood to stitch some more. Sounds like I might need to go stash diving!
Well folks, I think we are all caught up for now. I still have a couple things percolating on the burner to share. I'll be back with more later. I hope everyone has a good rest of the week.
More next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
10 comments:
Lots of great projects but ya gotta know I love that tea design! Can't wait to see it finished! Please tell me where did you get your osnaburg? I love stitching on that stuff & it's so difficult to find it looking like that around here. I've only been finding bolts that are very smooth & very bleached : (
You've got a lot of nice projects under construction. Happy stitching!
Wow! Lots of pretty stitching going on for sure! I'm looking forward to seeing what Donna of By the Bay has in store for you.
Lovely stitching! Love the Dragonfly fob! :)
Love your tea bag, The heart is soo fantastic and colorful. Beautiful Dragonfly fob - you did an outstanding job on all those sides. Looks perfect and even - WOW I'm impressed:) And your sweet sweet strawberry mini - LOVE IT! I love the whole look of the gingham print in the background, Looks great Lisa. I haven't tried light Effects yet but I will pick some up. thank you for all the tips. love Annette
So many great little projects. I particularly love the strawberries - I'm just looking for strawberry charts among my freebies because I want to stitch some.
Cute projects.
Love the Dragonfly fob.
Marilyn
Vraiment adorable !
bisous bisous
I'm finally getting caught up on my blog reading, Lisa, and you've got so many pretties to share with us today!! The dragonfly fob is so perfect on that fabric and I love the strawberries on the checked fabric, too. Did you like the WDW fabric? I've heard some complain about it and I just bought some for an upcoming project so I'm curious...
Very pretty finishes - the dragonfly fob is just perfect.
Post a Comment