Design: Queen Bee mini card freebie
Designer: Prairie Schooler
Fabric: 28 ct. even weave
Floss: as charted (1 over 1)
Started: 4/29/13
Finished: 5/2/13
Completed: 5/29/13
The minute I saw it on the spring Market previews I knew exactly what how I wanted to finish it! I had intended to complete this one sooner but it got lost in the shuffle that is my messy stitch room. When I did some much needed sorting this past weekend it resurfaced so I finally got it finished. It took me all of about five minuted to finish it up too. Silly girl!
Here's the packaging in case you want to find one for yourself. I found mine in the scrapbook aisle at the local Hobby Lobby. I'm sure the online scrapbook shops probably have it as well. I'd do a search for "Tim Holtz idea-ology pocket watch."
Just for fun, here's Marsha's version worked on the very same fabric stitched 2 over 2 and mine done 1 over 1. I really find it interesting to see them side by side like this. It really gives you perspective on how the size changes.
Thank you so much, Marsha for gifting me with this little cutie! I'm so lucky to have a friend who shares the love of bees. We enable each other quite often! LOL!
Thanks for your visit with me today. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! I'm looking forward to mine. It's going to be a busy one packed full of lots of fun!
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
20 comments:
Oh Lisa, I love your Queen Bee watch necklace. Beautifully done. I love Tim Holtz. I'm very familiar with all his products:) It's great you stitched the design twice. Each one looks fantastic. Great job. love Annette
Your queen bee is adorable...and a perfect fit for the pocket watch!Hope your weekend is grand!
Judy heartland stitcher
That's cute! I have a hard time stitching on dark linen but I really need to take the bull by the horns and give it another go!
Oh it's wonderful! Isn't it amazing the size difference between over two and over one?
Fabulous finished finish, Lisa! I really like your pocket watch finish. Very inspiring!
Robin in Virginia
What a sweet finish!
I love the design and what an interesting way to finish it! :)
It turned out so well and so cute! It's fun to share our likes.
What a clever idea! Perfect for this time of year.
Love it! So creative and great.
Very pretty!
It's just bee-utiful!!!
Such a great finish, Lisa--you sure have come up with some very creative ways to finish your stitching lately :)
This is just adorable - great idea for a pendant, well done.
I love bees too and brought that one to stitch while traveling.
Your Queen Bee is gorgeous, congratualtions
PERFECTION! It is a fabulous idea and a great finish! WHOO HOO!
What a clever way to display your charming bee stitchery! I love it! I like bees and bee skeps, too.
merveilleux comme toujours !
bisous bisous
Love the freebie chart as I am the Queen Bee of my house. Would you share your chart? And the finishing, great idea. Since I scrapbook too, I know Tim Holtz well.
Post a Comment