Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Stitch-in and a finish

Wow, what a weekend we had!  I kicked it off by taking the day off on Friday to get a head start on the weekend.  It was also the first Friday stitch-in at the LNS.  I was surprised there were so many people there since it was the holiday weekend around here.  I am happy to report that I finished what I brought to stitch.

Design:  Field of Berries...Scissor-minder
(from SAM cloth newsletter)
Designer:  Eileen Bennett
Fabric:  32 ct. cream linen
Floss:  DMC (1 over 1)
Started:  7/30/11
Finished:  9/2/11


You can tell how small it is by the size of the needle in the picture.  It's a standard size 28 needle!  I will finish this as a scissor fob.  I don't think I'll do the usual stuffed kind though.  I have an idea in my head I need to work out for this one.  Stay tuned!

***

Of course a trip to the LNS would not be complete without a little stash enhancement.  Here's what I picked up while I was there.

  • JCS Halloween Collection book (this is a good one if you are into Halloween)
  • 2011 JCS Ornament issue (lots of good stuff in here)
  • A piece of 32ct. mocha linen for an upcoming project
  • Two flosses I needed for said project

It was a good time.  I got to visit with some folks I don't normally see.  A very nice way to start off a long weekend.

More later,

The Inspired Stitcher

1 comment:

Mouse said...

that's a really cute fob to be ..lol and glad you had a lovely time ... and a wee bit of stash buying is good for the soul ..lol love mouse xxxxx