Thursday, September 8, 2011

Tiara Retreat Here I Come!


My bags are packed and ready to go!

Tomorrow I head off to the Tiara Retreat!  I can not wait.  A long weekend spent secluded in the woods with all my peeps.  We'll stitch, laugh, eat, laugh, stitch, laugh, stitch till we pass out, repeat.  It's going to be great!  I think the hardest part will be deciding what to stitch first.  Don't worry, I've got several things to choose from!

This year we are doing an exchange.  We've not done this before so it should be fun.  I almost hate to give mine away!  I'll show it to you when I get back.  I don't want any noseys seeing it here first since all the peeps read this blog.  No spoilers here.

We are also having chair massages this time.  I've never had a massage of any kind so I'm looking forward to this.  I usually get a pretty good kink between my shoulders when I marathon stitch.  I'm thinking this should be a very good thing.

***

I thought I'd show my dorkness and share with you all the crap I'm toting in my bags.  I know I usually schlep way too much with me but I just can't help myself.  You never know when you might need something.  I'm going to be out in the woods ya know!

Inside my Vera

In the "lid"
  • Calculator
  • Stitch reference book
  • Small notebook
  • Confirmations, directions, etc.

In the "bottom"
  • Pencil pouch (see below)
  • Ott-lite with extension cord (in a draw string wine bag)
  • Whitman's Sampler tool box (contents below)
  • Mighty Bright clip-on light
  • Extra Q-snaps (not in the picture)

Pencil pouch contents

Top row stuff:
  • Hello Kitty mini ink pen (yep, I love Hello Kitty)
  • 6" drafting ruler
  • Purple Thang

Bottom row stuff:
  • Identi pen (has a small and medium felt tip)
  • Pigma micron .05 black pen
  • Mechanical pencil
  • Highlighter with Post-it flags built into the cap
  • Quilter's marking pencil
  • Retractable eraser
  • Cutter Bee retractable exacto-type knife
  • Magnet wand
  • 6" Omnigrid quilter's ruler
  • Paper scissors
  • Cardboard tube of mini colored pencils

Inside the Whitman Tin toolbox

Toolbox contents

In no particular order:
  • Roxanne thimble
  • 3" corner square from House of Stitches
  • Bottle cap pincushion
  • Strawberry emery
  • Bee pin box
  • Blue basting thread
  • Tape measure
  • Rubber circles for pulling stubborn needles
  • Needle threaders (on a fob gifted to me by Christie)
  • Green scissors with fob to match the tool box
  • 26 & 28 DMC needles
  • Quilter's measuring gauge
  • Clover needle threader
  • Tweezers
  • Nail file
  • Nail clippers
  • Hair elastic
  • Silver seam ripper
  • Crochet hook
  • Metal seam gauge

Señor Frog

Oh yes, no trip is complete without my frog travel buddy, Señor Frog.  Don't you just love that t-shirt he has on?!  [My coworker named him after visiting this place.]  Hopefully he will keep his peeps away from my peeps.  We'll see how that works out!

Well, I'd better get on with it and get off here.  I need to get some sleep.  I still have to work half a day tomorrow.  I'll be back with tales to tell and I'm sure the peeps will too.  It's going to be a great weekend!

More later,

The Inspired Stitcher

4 comments:

staci said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment! Have fun at your retreat!!!

Mouse said...

oooo can't wait to see what you get up too .. and way to go wth the essentials ... all you've missed out is the tea and coffee and a few biccies heheheh :) love mouse xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hope y'all have an awesome retreat. Say hi to everyone - wish I could be there.

Martha

Lisa S said...

Have a wonderful time my friend!! I am looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing about your time there.
Over packing is a "Lisa" thing LOL

Hugs