Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tiara Retreat

I'm back as promised with more pictures to share.  I think I'll do a couple posts to break them up.  This one is going to focus on the people, places and things.


This is where we went.  It is secluded out in the middle of nowhere in southern Indiana.  It's also where the University of Cincinnati's football team has training camp.  Not that I'm into football but this will explain all the UC stuff in some of the other pictures.  You'll see.


This is the lodge where we slept and the lower level (can't see it in the pic) is where we stitched.


This is the dining hall where we all ate together.  I think I was in a food coma all weekend.  I seriously ate more this past weekend than I usually do in a week.  Let me just say that if you left the table hungry it's your own fault.  I'm not even kidding!  You want to see proof?


This is the most scrumptious apple dumpling I've ever had (well since the one I ate here last year).  It has cinnamon ice cream and carmel sauce.  See, I wasn't kidding!  It's what we call in our office a "moaner dessert."  I'll let you think about that for a minute.  Okay, moving on...

Christie, Jenny, Señor Frog, me, and Marsha

Here are my blogging peeps with Señor Frog.  There were two other non-blogging peeps that I did not get a picture of.  However if you pop over to Marsha's blog, she got them.  Ha!  Yes, I'm talkin' about you Patti and Amanda!!



This is Maribeth's ORT bowl.  Isn't it too cool?!  I seriously want one.  I love the flag and the primitiveness about it.


I saved the very best for last!  Look at the cuteness that is this tiny acorn.  Marsha spoiled all of us with one.  It is made from a real acorn cap and the bottom is velvet!!!  I just couldn't quit snuggling that velvet.  Yep, she spoiled us!

***
We did a several new things this year at the retreat.  We had chair massages on Saturday.  This was a first for me and it won't be my last either!  I didn't get a picture of that unless one of the peeps was sneaky and snapped one.  I don't think they did though.  Whew!


We also had tea late Saturday afternoon.  Complete with cookies, mints, and lots of different teas to try.  I tried the Celestial Seasonings Sugar Plum Spice!  I will definitely be looking for some of this to add to the tea collection in the pantry.  It was awesome!

As I mentioned before, we had a smalls exchange this year too.  We really had a lot of participation!  I enjoyed seeing all the different things folks made.  I'll do a complete post on that later.  You've got to see each and every one of them as well as all the awesome stuff on the Show and Tell table.  It's was about as close to heaven as a stitcher can get seeing all that goodness.  We are a talented group for sure!

As you can tell so far, we really did have a great time. I'm already looking forward to next year!  Thanks for stopping by today.  I always appreciate your visits and your kind comments always make my day.

The Inspired Stitcher

3 comments:

Christie said...

How did I miss the ort bowl??? I want one too.

Jenny said...

Me too - I totally want that ort bowl! She always finds the coolest stuff!

Some of us look a tad tired in this pic... was this on Saturday? (Yep, some of us had to take a serious nap after we arrived at home on Sunday...)

Mouse said...

awww that is one cute acorn ... and oooo I recognise some faces there ... can't wait to see some more snaps :) love mouse xxxx