Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2011 Stitching Report

Seeing everyone's 2011 stitching reports made me go through my timeline (more about this another day) to see how I did last year.  So here's the tally:

40 starts
34 finishes
20 completed pieces (4 need framed)
6 WIPs carried forward to this year

Not too bad I think.  I'm not really a serial starter so that accounts for only having 6 WIPs.  The peeps tell me that will change.  I don't know about that.

My personality is really more suited to starting something and sticking with it until it's done.  I also get overwhelmed if I have too many things going at once.  For me, stitching is supposed to be fun not filled with pressure dontcha know.

"Beauty" Progress as of October 2011

Of those WIPs, this one is my first BAP (I Sigh Not For Beauty) and I'm really close to being done.  I got a bit sidelined when the Sherri Jones' class grew closer.  I really had a mental block on all that tent stitching.  It was a first for me to do so much of it in one piece.  Thankfully I think I've got the hang of it now.  Although I still have trouble changing direction sometimes.

Speaking of classes, I also had the good fortune to take two classes last year.  One with Ellen Chester and the other with Sherri Jones.  Here are the projects we worked on:

Lucet and A Silk Purse by Sherri Jones

This is one of my WIPs that will be carried forward into 2012.  I still need to get the hang of making the lucet cording with consistent tension.  Once I master that the finishing should be a snap.  Stay tuned!


Long May She Wave by Ellen Chester

The other was a class that a group of my peeps and I arranged with Ellen Chester.  We are lucky that Ellen is local.  Ellen taught us more than how to make the needlebook but also the history of the flag and hornbooks (a personal favorite of mine)!

I was also able to attend three retreats last year!  The first one was hosted by the LNS and it's an annual event held in January.  As a matter of fact, this year's retreat is going to be next weekend!  I can't wait.

The second one was in Russelville, Kentucky (more about it here and here) and the third was our Tiara Group's retreat (more here and here too) held in southern Indiana.

Overall, I think it was a good year and I got a bunch done.  I think one of the best things was starting this blog.  It's helped me keep track of things.

I've made some wonderful new friends from around the globe and been inspired beyond measure by your wonderful stitching.  I'm looking forward to another great year!

Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

5 comments:

Margaret said...

Beautiful WIPs! I love Sigh Not for Beauty. Gorgeous! Nice Sherri Jones piece and Ellen Chester piece too! You are definitely lucky she's local to you! You're good having so few WIPs. I won't mention how many I have. lol!

Peggy Lee said...

Gosh we seem an awful lot alike. I am just now allowing myself to have more than one going at a time. I like to start one and finish it before going on to the next.
Love your WIP's.
Yes, it has been a good year for you!

2012 looks good too!

Mouse said...

oooo impressive list :) and love your sigh not for beauty ... and lucky you having classes with Ellen :) and its fab meeting up with fellow stitchers isn't it :) would you believe I used to be one project at a time woman before I got on to the www has a lot to answer for ..lol, love mouse xxxxx

dixiesamplar said...

You did have a great 2011!! Congrats on all your finishes...and the snaps are gorgeous. I especially love the Ellen Chester needlebook...lovely!

Can't wait to see what you do in 2012...and love the blog!

marly said...

I'm amazed at 40 starts and 34 finishes. Your Beauty piece is outstanding. Love it.