Monday, January 2, 2012

A new start and 2012 BAP Challenge

Design:  Carre d'Abeilles
Designer:  Jardin Prive
Fabric:  40 ct. Cream
Floss:  DMC as charted
Started:  1/1/12

I hope the new year has gotten off to a good start for everyone.  I wanted to share with you my New Year's Day new start.  It's Carre d' Abeilles by Jardin Prive!  I'm doing it on 40 ct cream 1 over 2.  I love the colors in this one and of course the bees!  I've not done a square mattress style finish yet so I'm looking forward to getting it to that point.

***

I'm also getting caught up on some blog reading and ran across Becky Bee's 2012 BAP Challenge.  Becky is so good at inspiring us all to keep stitching.

The challenge is to start and finish at least one large sampler by the end of 2012.  It must not have been started before January 1, 2012 and must be done by December 31, 2012.  It also must be at least 10 x 12" or have a minimum stitch count of 175 x 200.  The size can differ if you stitch it over one just so long as the stitch count meets the requirements.

Those that complete their sampler will be entered into a drawing for a $100 gift certificate from an online shop of Becky's choosing.  She also asks that those participating send her updates whether by a blog link or an emailed picture.


Here's the one I'm thinking of doing.  It reminds me of Berlin wool work which I've always admired.  This is an online SAL offered by Ellen Maurer-Stroh called Antique Sampler

I had actually been contemplating starting a BAP (Big Ass Project) since my visit with Jenny. She and I ran across this lovely while cruising the Internets for free charts. Imagine that?!

It is 292 x 220 stitches and depending on what count fabric I choose, it could be around 18.15 x 13.75" on 32 ct or 14.6 x 11" on 40 ct.  I haven't pulled anything yet since I just decided to do this like right this minute!  We'll see which way it goes depending on what's in the stash.

What have you started stitching for 2012?  Tell me about it in the comments or send me an email.  I'd love to hear about what's inspiring you right now!

Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

7 comments:

BeckySC said...

Oh, I spy a BEE :) I am loving your start :) AND, your choice for the BAP challenge is great too!

Well..I am working on AAHRH...but I am being pulled toward some NEW stash I received for Christmas :):)

hugs my friend!

Margaret said...

I love your new start. And your possible BAP challenge piece -- so pretty! And it's free?! Wow! Gorgeous!

Coco Cross Stitcher said...

I love what you have started. The to start project looks fab. Will watch your progress with them both.
x catherine

Mouse said...

ohhh love that new start and I've done a mattress finish and loved it :) and I've seen some one else mention this chart too :) good luck with it what ever you decide to do it on :) love mouse xxxx

Marsha said...

You KNOW I love the New Year's start. How could I not?!? You've got quite a bit done. The bee is gorgeous.

That's one BAP! I like it because of all the motifs. It will surely keep you interested. I'll have to decide about joining the challenge. Maybe a bee sampler?

geeky Heather said...

Hooray for totally spontaneous joining!!! =) You'll fit right in with Jardin January, you know. ;)

Mindi said...

Great new start, and I can't believe that Antique Sampler is a freebie! You're so right, it does look a lot like Berlin wool embroidery. I'm going to be doing BBD Christmas Garden for my BAP Challenge piece.