Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Meet Shelby


I'd like you to meet our new pride and joy, Shelby.  She was born December 12th!  We picked her up last night from a farmer who placed an ad in a local newspaper.

My honey has been watching the newspapers and looking online for months now hoping to find a litter.  When he saw the ad we called right away.  The farmer said he only had two girls left.  We decided we'd better go right away.  Needless to say, my honey took a vacation day and I left work early and off we went!

There were two mothers (who are sisters) that had their litters a day apart!  The farmer said at one point he had 14 puppies.  One of the mothers had four and Shelby's mother had the rest.  What an over achiever!  There were 11 puppies when we got there including the two girls! 

The farmer put the two girls in a pen by themselves for us.  It was hard to decide which one to choose.  Shelby was the one that kept nibbling on our fingers and giving kisses. So I guess you'd say she chose us!

Here are her siblings and cousins!

Here's her mother.

Here's her father.

Here she is with her new Daddy.

Just look at that cuteness!

My honey and I had another Dal who passed away three years ago.  She was almost 13 years old!  We have finally gotten to the place where we were ready for another one!  When they say dogs leave paw prints on your heart they aren't kidding!

So if I'm absent this week, you'll know what I'm up to.  I'll be playing with a little spotted pup that's stolen my heart!  It's just too hard to resist all that cuteness!

Thanks for stopping by and for all your sweet words.  Hope everyone has a good week!

Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

13 comments:

Margaret said...

Awww, she's so cute! Congratulations on your new family member!

carol fun said...

Congratulations! What an adorable puppy - you are going to have lots of fun with her! Take care-

Shirlee said...

She is adorable! Congratulations! Blessings, Shirlee

Maggie said...

Shelby is so cute, she look tiny, bless :-)

Congratulations to the new father :-)

Mouse said...

awwww join the puppyhood club ..lol welcome little Shelby :) Bentley waves a wee paw at you too :) love mouse xxxx

Anonymous said...

Lisa - she's adorable and so tiny!! Congrats!!!

Martha

Peggy Lee said...

I love puppy bellies! She's so cute.
Congratulations.

Ranae said...

Awww! Shes adorable!!!!
Give her kisses and hugs for me.

ROSELLA69 said...

E' UN CUCCIOLO BELLISSIMO,COMPLIMENTI E'ADORABILE.

BrendaS said...

Congrulations! She is a cutie:))

Terri said...

Congratulations, she is adorable!!!!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

ADORABLE! Love the pic of her in the kennel and her fat little belly. So cute.

Siobhán said...

Oh my gosh!!! Shelby is ADORABLE! Congratulations on adding a sweet pup to your family. :) My son wants a dalmation SO badly. Somebody in town owns one (I've only seen that one) and he always admires it, says that is the dog he's getting when he's an adult. :) Keep posting pics!