Thursday, January 5, 2012

WIPs

I was reading Karen's blog over at Stitching and Sharing and it got me to thinking about my WIPs (work in progress).  She inspired me to get crackin' and record my WIPs today too.

I think this will help me keep track of what I still have to finish stitching.  It will be fun to see how I progress.  So here goes in order of oldest to most recent.

Design:  I Sigh Not For Beauty
Designer:  C Street Samplerworks
Fabric:  32 ct. Dirty Linen
Floss:  My conversion to NPI and HDF
Started:  3/5/11

This project was one of Ellen Chester's 2011 newsletter SALs.  As you can see I made a little more progress since the picture in my post the other day was taken back in October.  I spy the beginnings of a house!

I really have really enjoyed stitching this one and will miss stitching it when I'm done.  Have you ever stitched something like that?

Design:  ???
Designer:  ???
Fabric:  7 ct. Monk's Cloth
Floss:  DMC
Re-Started:  5/1/11?

Does anyone know the designer or design name of this one?  I've been working from a sketch from an old snapshot since I can't find the chart.  Doh!  I'm just sure nobody else has ever done that.  Winks!   Umm...yep, moving on now.  LOL

Seriously, I don't know what posessed me to do this on Monk's Cloth.  At this point there's just too much work done to toss it so I'll most likely continue on with it.  It's obviously been bagged long enough.  Just look at the raveling on the edges.  Geesh!  It really is true, once you stitch on linen you never go back!


Design:  Jolly Jack
Designer:  All Through The Night
Fabric:  30 ct. WDW Putty
Floss:  WDW as charted
Started:  9/9/11

This one I started at the Tiara retreat and I bought the fabric when I was at the Shepherd's Bush retreat in 2010.  There's just something about that pumpkin!  I'm a sucker for vintage looking jack o'lanterns.  Love those oak leaves too. 

Design:  What A Cut Up freebie
Designer:  Patrick's Woods
Fabric:  32 ct. antique white scrap
Floss:  My DMC conversion (1over 1)
Started:  10/12/11

This one needs some frogging before I can finish it up.  I've been putting it off since it's over 1.  It's not good to try stitching over one late into the night/wee hours of the morning.  Ask me how I know?  Yep, that's why there's frogging to do.

Design:  Santa's Buddies (from 2009 JCS Ornaments)
Designer:  Angel Stitchin
Fabric:  28 ct. lambswool
Floss:  DMC and GAST as charted
Started:  11/27/11

This one is really close to being done and I'll most likely finish it soon since it's been my lunchtime stitch.  Even though the holiday is over, I'll still at least finish the stitching.  Whether I ornamentify it before the holidays roll around again remains to be seen.

Design:  Blue Ribbon Sewing Box
Designer:  Patrick's Woods
Fabric:  32 ct. antique white as kitted
Floss:  Silk as kitted
Started:  12/29/11

This one has been such an enjoyable stitch thus far and is working up nicely.  I'm loving the happy colors in it.  I think this will be another one that I'll miss spending time with when it's done.  I'd like to get it done in the next eight weeks.  We'll see how that shakes out. 

So there you are, all my WIPs in one place.  That was actually kind of fun to do.  Did any of you record your WIPs somewhere?  Leave me a link in the comments and I'll come check them out.

Thanks so much for your visiting with me today.  I hope you got a kick out of seeing what's up in my world.  Happy stitching!

Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

10 comments:

Margaret said...

Such nice WIPs! Nice to see them all together too. Good idea!

Peggy Lee said...

It is also not good to stitch while enjoying a glass or two of wine.
And yes, once you stitch on linen you can never go back.

Nice WIP's. It will be fun to track your progres!

catherine said...

you have some lovely WIP's pieces. It will be good to see you finish them
x catherine

Shirlee said...

I don't really have any WIPs except for the one thing I'm working on now. I think my OCD prevents me from trying to stitch more than one thing at a time ... lol! Blessings, Shirlee

Lisa S said...

Your sure have a lot of lovely WIPS. I have a total of 4. I will take pics later and post them on my blog. Maybe it will give me some motivation to get them done if I see them lol

Hugs

Carol said...

I so love your first (and largest!) WIP!! Since I'm a one project at a time stitcher, I don't have any WIPs (unless you count a couple of projects waiting for me to sew a few beads on!!--I hate sewing on beads!).

I'm sure a few of these will turn into finishes in 2012 :)

Marsha said...

Ah yes, 'I sigh not for Beauty'. She will be coming with me to stitchaway. And, the Aqua Sampler. I decided not to do the bee garden. I'll bring her, but she needs a different linen. Can't wait!

Mary Ann said...

I came across your blog while doing some blog reading tonight, and wanted to say hello. Your stitching is lovely!!

Giovanna said...

Beautiful WIPs, especially the C Street sampler - great going!

Jenny said...

Great collection of WIPs! Your Blue Ribbon stitching has really come along fast. I have been a bad girl and neglected it, but I am not too worried - March is a long time away... :-)
Isn't Sherri's sweet design just too cute! It's downloaded on my computer and will be done one of these days...
Your "I sigh" looks fantastic - that baby is almost in the harbour now.