Carre d'Abeilles - Jardin Prive
as of 1/20/12
Carre d'Abeilles - Jardin Prive
as of 1/25/12
Here's my progress on my bees. I've been stitching on this during my lunch hour only this week. This week it's been my sanity saver. Nuff' said! I actually finished the second side strip today at lunch but was too lazy to take its picture.
Blue Ribbon Sewing Box - Patrick's Woods
as of 1/5/12
Blue Ribbon Sewing Box - Patrick's Woods
as of 1/25/12
This one I worked on quite a bit last weekend and have stitched a couple nights this week on it. I think I'll finish it up pretty soon. I really seem to get speeding along on this one when I pick it up. I can't wait to see this one all put together!
I Sigh Not for Beauty - C Street Samplerworks
as of 1/20/12
I Sigh Not for Beauty - C Street Samplerworks
as of 1/25/12
Last but not least is Beauty. The house is almost done! I worked on her last Wednesday night at the guild's stitch-in and again last night at my monthly Stitch n'Bitch night at my house.
Funny thing about Stitch n'Bitch, we started out as a UFO (UnFinished Objects)group that was a splinter group from the local quilt guild. Well, one thing then another happened and the four of us that have continued to meet broke away from the group. We decided we enjoyed our nights together too much to stop meeting so now we just take turns hosting in each other's houses.
Some nights everyone is quilting and some nights it's a grab bag. Last night there was one who finished the binding on a quilt she's been working on for four years. Another finished her lunchtime cross stitch project (no it wasn't me) and the other was ripping apart some quilt blocks she'd gotten in an exchange because none of them were the same size. Me, I worked on building a house!
Oh and we solved the problems of the world while eating M's too! You just gotta love your girlfriends. Laughter is so very good for the soul! I hope you've laughed today even if it's at yourself. Thanks for visiting with me today!
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
11 comments:
I love "I Sigh for Beauty!" That will be one of the first samplers I'm going to do : ) What type of fabric did you use for it? Your stitching group sounds wonderful! Blessings, Shirlee
Loveliness all around!! That class looks like it's going to be very fun. Thanks for solving the world's problems for us! ;)
Gorgeous stitching on all those wonderful projects! Stitching in company does wonders for the soul, in my experience :-)
What beautiful projects you have! Wow! I love them all.
oooooo just love the bee mattress and well done on all your other wips too :)
and isn't it nice when you can meet up with fellow stitchers and set the worlds to right with a cuppa and stitching ..lol love mouse xxxx
All of your projects are so pretty! And it's wonderful to sit and stitch with other stitchers! I'm glad you had a good time!
A gorgeous project, the colours are beautiful. You sampler is wonderful!
Happy Weekend:)
Lisa -- Everything looks great and your sampler is really moving along!
Aren't stitch groups the best "therapy"???
Have a great weekend.
Wonderful progress on all of your projects girlfriend!!
I miss my weekly stitch & bitch group at my no longer local needlework shop :(
Enjoy the weekend!
Hugs
How nice that you have your monthly get-togethers with fellow stitchers / quilters! I'm sure you look forward to them very much :)
Lovely progress on I Sign Not for Beauty--I honestly think that is one of my favorite WIPs on any blog right now--really!!
Fantastic progress on all of your stitching! The bees in the Jardin Prive are so neat. Very realistic and spring-ish looking!
Your stitching/quilting/creative group sounds like so much fun. I used to get together with friends every Friday night. They all scrapbooked and I'd either do that or stitch. Boy I miss that--it was so fun to chat while working away.
Post a Comment