Tuesday, January 10, 2012

It just made my day

Before framing


With framing

Some of you may remember when I stitched this picture for a coworker's surprise gift for his wife.  We'll he brought it in so I could see it framed!  Needless to say it made my day.

The frame he picked is just georgous.  It's shiny and has streaks of grey in the black.  You should be abel to click on the picture to see it.  The picture really doesn't do it justice.  He told me his wife was totally surprised and really loves it.   I'm so glad they are both so pleased with it.

I autographed the back of it for him.  He says he's going to tell her he got the "artists signature" for her birthday.  He's so funny!

Anyway, I just had to share!  Hope you all are having a good day too.

Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

13 comments:

Marsha said...

It turned out really cute. It almost looks 3 dimensional with the border around it. It looks like its matted. I'm so glad they both liked it, cause it's adorable.

Margaret said...

How lovely! It came out so beautifully! I bet his wife is going to love it!

Siobhán said...

It looks great! I love the frame--so nice to see it come together that way. It's so nice that his wife loves it, too!

dixiesamplar said...

Wow, that turned out really, really nice...and so glad that they are happy with it!!

Mouse said...

oooo it looks fab in that frame doesn't it and oooo fame in the signing of your work ...lol pity there's no fortune ...lol think of all the stash you could have bought heheheh love mouse xxxx

Shirlee said...

It looks great! Blessings, Shirlee

Mary Ann said...

Very nice, and so great that he and his wife love it!!

Peggy Lee said...

Oh how thoughtful of him to show it to you all framed up.
That's so sweet that you signed the back!

Giovanna said...

Very cute, and how nice of him to bring it in for you.

Carol said...

The framed piece is adorable... He and his wife must really love it :)

Barb said...

What a great piece. Isn't it amazing how a great stitched piece looks even more amazing after it is framed (or finished in some way)?

Looks like you did an amazing job and how nice of him to bring it in all 'done'! Congratulations.

BrendaS said...

It looks really great before but it looks wonderful after it was framed! You must be so happy that he brought it in to share and that they both really like it:)

Coco Cross Stitcher said...

This looks really great and the frame suits it so well
x catherine