But first I want to show you my BAP progress! I made a promise to myself that I would give three of my WIPs attention at the retreat and this was one of them.
Here's my BAP's progress as of Saturday afternoon. I was determined to get a good go on this one and am happy to report I finished my "assignment" for the month!
Design: 2012 Antique Sampler SAL freebie
Designer: Ellen Maurer-Stroh
Fabric: 40 ct. Newcastle Cream
Floss: DMC as charted (one over two)
Started: 1/9/12
January Assignment finished: 1/16/12
Here it is as of yesterday evening! Since I was off for MKL day, I decided to continue stitching on this one and finish up my January "assignment!" I'm so very pleased with how it turned out!
Let me just tell you that peacock has a crapload of color changes in it but it was so worth the effort. Wow! It's even prettier in person if I do say so myself.
I'll be back with more pics and such from the weekend retreat. It was so good to get with the peeps and stitch. We laughed pretty much all weekend and of course ate a ton of chocolate. It went way too fast! Hope your weekend was good too.
More later,
The Inspired Stitcher
13 comments:
You have been busy and doing such a brilliant job with it. the colours are looking fantastic
x catherine
Those colors are gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing pictures from the retreat : ) Blessings, Shirlee
Wow, it is sooooo beautiful! The colors -- gorgeous!
Lovely peacock!! And such a pretty piece--congratulations on finishing your January assignment early :)
You made nice headway on that girlfriend!! That peacock is beautiful!
Hugs
Glad you enjoyed a weekend of stitching with friends! You've made nice progress on your sampler!
I can't believe you got that done already. It's so gorgeous.
I went to poker Sunday night, so I was really tired by Mon. Work was slow, thank goodness!
oooooo very pretty :) glad you had a fab time and looking forward to photos etc etc :) love mouse xxxxx
What a beautiful start! Looking forward to seeing more of this.
It's looking just gorgeous my friend :)
Have a LOVELY day :)
((hugs))
You made a lot of progress over the weekend on you BAP, and you're so right, that peacock is gorgeous. I hate a lot of color changes as well, but this was well worth the effort.
Gorgeous, Lisa!!!! I love that tail! I really need to start working on it. I am finally done writing a certain letter, so now I can do what I "feel like" a few evenings... LOL
Great progress Lisa. The colors looks so bright and cheerful:)
Post a Comment