Design: Celebrate the 4th freebie
Designer: Glory Bee
Fabric: 28 ct. evenweave scrap
Floss: DMC (my conversion)
Started: 6/26/12
Finished: 6/28/12
Completed: 6/30/12
Happy 4th of July to my American readers and happy Wednesday to everyone else! I wanted to share a recent finish with you. I purposely saved it for today. I think it's pretty appropriate, don't you?!
I've wanted to try a pillow style finish like this for a while now and I think this one turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself! I was inspired by Carol's finishes. She does the prettiest things! Someday I'll have a seasonal basket of smalls too.
Oddly enough, I found all the finishing materials at our local Wal-Mart. It's nice when I don't have to go into the city for finishing supplies!
I hope everyone has had a great 4th of July today! I've spent the whole day in the stitching nest happily stitching away in the air conditioning. It's another hot one here today!
Thank you to everyone who posted on my blogoversary post! You all really know how to make a person's day. I am humbled and thrilled to hear from so many of you out there. Thank you all so very much!
More later,
The Inspired Stitcher
8 comments:
That's two pieces of rik-rak twirled together - NEVER thought of doing that! The pillow looks fabulous. Way to go!
LOVE IT!!! You know I would cause it's red, white and blue :-) Wonderful finishing. Hugs!!
Love your pillow Lisa. And thank you for the link for the chart. This so made me smile when I saw this, love the colors.
Great stitching & great finish! You are so clever : )
Perfect! Just perfect. :)
Ha ha! When I saw this little finish, I thought "That looks just like something I would make myself!" You are so sweet to say I inspired you, Lisa--thank you so very much :)
Stay cool out there!!
Love it g/f!!
Glad your staying cool!
Beautiful finish! Happy 4th of July!
Post a Comment