Design: Hello Kitty Bee freebie
Designer: Carolines Truien blog
Fabric: 25 ct. Lugana
Floss: DMC 1 over 1
Started: 6/14/12
Finished & Completed: 6/21/12
Now that I've finally been able to give my peep, Marsha, her birthday present (a week late) I can show it to you. I've been dying to share but had to wait until the gift was received. Isn't she cute?!
You see, Marsha and I share a love of Hello Kitty. There's just something so cute about her that we both are just crazy about. My idea to stitch this actually started when I saw this tin.
Isn't it a super cute little tin?! I couldn't give it to her empty so I went cruising around blogland looking for a Hello Kitty freebie. Since Marsha loves bees as well as Hello Kitty, this was the perfect one for her.
Here's the stitched piece with the chart. You'll notice that mine looks a tad bit different than the chart! I think maybe the jpeg was stretched a bit before it was posted on the Internet since her head is a bit elongated. Oh well, it's still cute. LOL!
This was the first time I tried stitching over one on 25ct. Lugana. I'm pleased with how it turned out and Marsha loves it too. I'm just glad I was able to finally give it to her. Thanks for stopping by today!
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
12 comments:
Hello Kitty is adorable. Congrats on the newest finish.
Too cute! She looks like she's looking in one of those funhouse mirrors that make you look really skinny! =)
So cute! There was a big Hello Kitty phase around here for a while. lol!
So cute! I especially love the lady bug.
:o)
Cute!
We have a load of Hello Kitty stuff in the shop where I work. I actually quite like the collaboration "she" did with Liberty.
You can see from the chart that the 10x10 blocks are rectangles rather than squares. I have some "un"evenweave like that where it's a higher count vertically than horizontally!
What a sweet finish! I love Hello Kitty! :)
Oh, it's just too darn cute!
So cute! I bet Marsha's thrilled with it. Well done!
You're darn right I LOVE it! What's not to love. A bee, Hello Kitty dressed up like a bee, all in a Hello Kitty tin! It's adorable and sitting on my stitching/card making/crafting desk so I can see everyday. Thanks a whole bunch Lisa, it's really appreciated.
Sooo cute! The tin is so sweet. A gal in my office loves hello kitty and it is everywhere! She even has a little hello kitty tatoo..now that is love :) Thanks for sharing.
Judy heartland stitcher
oh my daughter would want me to make this for her!
I had to laugh when I saw that tin because I just bought three of them at Target (along with Hello Kitty notepads, pens, and fake tattoos) for my triplet 8 year old nieces... Plan on taking them to the beach when we have our annual get together next month... Your little finish is so cute, Lisa--you're never too old for Hello, Kitty, are you!!
Post a Comment