Friday, August 17, 2012

TUSAL & Jolly Jack finished

Design:  Jolly Jack
Designer:  All Through the Night
Fabric: 30 ct. WDW Putty
Floss:  Called for WDW
Started:  9/9/11
Finished:  8/16/12

Let's start today with my latest finish.  I decided to work on Jack at the guild stitch-in the other night and made some good progress so last night I decided to just finish him up.  I also decided not to stitch the words.  I have a finish in mind, I just need to percolate on how I want to execute it.  So stay tuned!

I've been in a fall stitching mood since the weather finally gave us a break from the scorching heat.  I love the floss that was called for on the leaves.  It's called Tobacco Road.  It has a lot of nice variegation to it and is just perfect for leaves!

***


Today is also TUSAL day!  Remember, TUSAL stands for Totally Useless Stitch-A-Long.  So I gathered up my ORTs and here's my ORT report for August.  This month's contributors were:

  • August Assignment for the EMS SAL aka BAP (DONE!)
  • Thank You heart for Summer Exchange (DONE and received!)
  • ORTs Container and Bee Hive scissor fob from The Primitives Club (DONE!)
  • Rouge Du Rhin "L" (Done...needs to be completed)
  • Single pocket from Hillside Samplings' Stitching Chair Necessaire (Done...needs to be completed)
  • Glory House by Chessie and Me (in progress)
  • I Sigh Not for Beauty by C Street Samplers (yes, still in progress)

Well, that's the round up.  It's not a very big list but it sure did creat a respectable pile o'ORTs.  I really need a finishing day soon.  I've got several things patiently waiting.  I've also got a list a mile long of the fall/halloween/thanksgiving/gift stitching I want to do right now.  Sigh, if only I could just stay home and stitch all day! Don't we all wish we could do that?!   LOL!

***

Well folks that's all I've got today.  Thankfully we made it to another Friday.  Can I get a woo hoo from all the stithers?  Oh yes, I heard y'all!

I'm off to the Tiara Club's stitch-in tonight.  We are in a new location since our peep, Rita entered a new chapter in her life.  Hey Rita, I know you are reading this...I miss ya!

Thanks to all for stopping by today for a visit.  Welcome to the new followers and a big thanks to all who take the time to comment.  I really do enjoy reading them!  Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

11 comments:

Margaret said...

I love your finish -- so pretty! Great TUSAL report too. Such pretty fall colors!

Carol said...

Awww...Jack is so cute, Lisa!! I plan on stitching himself myself this fall and plan on leaving the words off, too!

Enjoy your stitch-in tonight!!

blue star stitcher said...

The leaves were the first thing I noticed, they look great. I'm going to have to remember to look for this color next time i'm shopping.

lynda said...

What a cute finish! And you've reminded me that I have this in my stash...I think I will try and get it stitched up for my grandson...he loves pumpkins!

Lana said...

Great stitching!! Congrats on a cute finish! Can't wait to see how you finish it!

Lucy May said...

I have Jack to start! I bought it last year and have just not gotten started on him. I've seen yours finished...that inspires me to get it started! Well, maybe after a couple of weeks I can start....I have to go back to teaching on Monday! Boo Hoo! I don't want to quit my playing just yet!

denise said...

don't you just love Jack? i did him last year and put him on a box. denise

refwallace said...

Yes, I am watching and reading. Finally settled in Springfield, MO, 20 miles north of my son. Soon I will get back to stitching and hunt up other stitchers.

Mindi said...

I love your Jolly Jack finish, and thannks for reminding me I have that chart in my fall stitching folder and I've been meaning to stitch it for the last 2 years! Looking forward to seeing how you plan on finishing it.

BrendaS said...

Lisa -- LOVE your Jolly Jack finish. Just in time for Fall and cooler weather (YEAH!)

Anne said...

Jolly Jack looks great!! Love the colours! Loads of orts too wow that's a big pile!!