Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A BBD finish for me

Since I got my "assignment" done Friday night, I gave myself permission to play on Saturday! I got a ton of things done that I'd been wanting to work on. I'd love to show you everything but two of my finishes are for exchanges and one is a gift so you'll get to see those later.


Design:  Summer Sachet from A Stitcher's Journey
Designer:  Blackbird Designs
Fabric:  30 ct. Parchment
Floss:  CC & GAST as charted
Started:  10/20/12
Finished:  10/21/12
Completed:  10/21/12

This little cutie, however, I can show you.  I decided to do a "Carol" finish on it and I love how it turned out.  I used that stripe fabric for the lining of my Hedgerow Birds bag seen here.  I still had some of it left and it went well with the floss colors in this one too!

I decided to stitch both my initials instead of just the one as it's charted.  I'm glad I chose to make this little change.  This was also the first time I'd used the Crescent Colors Cappuccino (seen on the letters and parts of the flower).  I think it might be a new favorite color for me.  I love the mauve/purple shades!

It's been a while since I stitched something for me just for the fun of it.  Saturday was the perfect day to get in the studio and play.  I need to do that more often.

Well folks, that's all I've got for now.  Thank you for your visit and lovely comments.  Welcome to my new friends.   I hope everyone is having a good week so far. 


Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

8 comments:

Margaret said...

Such a lovely finish! Glad you did something for fun for a change!

Annie said...

Very pretty. Love that mauvey color. Good to stitch something fun for yourself. You are worth it!

Deborah said...

Very nice finish!

Giovanna said...

What a perfect and gorgeous little finish, well done.

BrendaS said...

Beautiful finish Lisa! Love the pretty colors in this one:)

Dawn said...

very nice!

Carol said...

Ha Ha!! Nice to know there is a finish named after me, Lisa :) I really love how yours turned out--the fabric and lace are the perfect accents to that pretty design.

Isn't it nice to have that instant gratification of a quick finish?! Glad you're keeping this one just for yourself--you deserve it!

Judy said...

Very nice stitching and finish. The colors are all a perfect match. And yes, the 2 initials fit perfectly. Enjoy.

Judy heartland stitcher