Saturday, October 20, 2012

BAP Update October Edition



 Started: 10/2/12
Finished: 10/19/12

I finally got my October "assignment" done for the EMS SAL.  Sorry for the wrinkles.  They really show up in what little light I have to work with today.  It's been overcast all day and looks as though it could rain at any minute.  Sounds like a good day to stay in and stitch to me!

 October's "assignment"


I love these butterflies!

The dog and these butterflies were the things that drew me to this sampler.  I've waited all year to get to stitch these butterflies.  I couldn't resist stitching the second one too even though it wasn't part of this month's assignment.  I love how the both of them turned out.  I can't wait to stitch the third one next month!

I know I must sound like a complete broken record, but I really do love this sampler.  Every single stitch of it has been a joy!  It makes me happy every time I look at it.  I can't wait to have it framed so I can enjoy it even more.

I'm on the home stretch with it now.  Only two more "assignments" to go and I will have completed it.  I can't believe we are winding down another year but the calendar on the wall says it's true.

You know what that means, marathon ornament stitching is soon to commence!  I've already picked out the four I know I have to stitch.  Have you started thinking about ornaments yet?  I'd love to know which ones are tickling your fancy this year!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far.  I plan to get a good old fashioned case of numb butt this afternoon and I hope you get to as well!  Thanks for stopping by for a visit with me today.

Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

14 comments:

Vickie said...

Hi Lisa! I had planned to stitch a lot today, and it just has not happened at all yet. :( I have not even figured ornaments out yet. Soon.

Mouse said...

ooooooo can't believe you are almost at the end of this one ... and ornaments eeeeekkkkk ... off to go and stitch now ...lol love mouse xxxx

Shebafudge said...

I know I have told you before but it really is looking stunning. Those butterflies are lovely!

Margaret said...

This piece is just soooooo beautiful!!! I just love it! Definitely a masterwork!

Giovanna said...

Very nice, and great to see it coming close to completion.

marly said...

Very nice! I wanted to do more PS santas, but haven't started a'one!

carol fun said...

What a beautiful piece! Each little motif is so lovely. And it was a good day to stay inside and stitch... I know I did. Hugs!

Carol said...

Gorgeous progress, Lisa--those butterflies are so lovely. I can see why you couldn't hold off on stitching the second :)

What ornaments have you chosen? I stitch Christmas ornaments all year--just love the little things!!

BrendaS said...

Lisa -- It's looking so good and you are definitely in the "home stretch"

Have a good week

Marilyn said...

It's so pretty Lisa.
not much more to go now!
Marilyn

Marsha said...

Those butterflies are gorgeous,but then all of it is gorgeous. Ornament #1 has been started!

Shirlee said...

Lovely!

Siobhán said...

It looks great, Lisa!

I can't wait to see what ornaments you do this year! I am terrible, I haven't done any ornament stitching this year. I need to decide if I'm going to do my nieces' annual ornaments (and do the ornaments for the past two years that I've missed...) or just give it up all together. Ack--that sounds so bad writing that out. Ahem. Yeah--slacker stitcher over here!!

Have a great week!

Ranae said...

Looking beautiful