There are my Shepherd's Bush travel peeps and two of my Russellville retreat peeps sitting in the middle of the room. We had so many folks come this year that we had tables set up in the middle!
Here's the view from my corner of the room! See Senior Frog there in the lower right corner? He went with me to this retreat. He doesn't like to fly so he stayed home when I went to Utah. LOL!
Here's the beautifully decorated fireplace in the dining hall! Makes me want to get out those decorations I have yet to get out this season. Guess it would help if I stayed home!
Here's our dessert from Friday night! I looked forward to this all day long. Let's have a moment with the apple dumpling and the cinnamon ice cream. Okay? This dessert is almost a religious experience. I feel better now. Moving on...
Let's look at some stitching! These three were being worked on around me. The first one was completed by my peep, Marsha! You go girl! The one in the middle was done by Stitchinpeanut, and the third was done by my peep, Christie. Ladies, these are awesome!!! It was so fun to see them side by side and done on different colored fabrics.
Speaking of progress and finishes, I made good progress on my BAP's October assignment! I was able to get one of this month's butterflies done, some greenery and a start on another butterfly! I've waited all year to stitch one of those butterflies. It's even prettier in person!
I also got Lizzie Kate's Fall Squared started and finished! Now I just need to complete it. I'm percolating on how I want to do that. Maybe I'll work on it this weekend. We'll see...
Here's another finish I was particularly proud to see and say I stitched a part of it! See those acorns? Remember when I posted this? Our friend Pat was able to come to the retreat and brought the sampler we made for her!
Attending the retreat was a huge thing considering she's recovered from a stroke and uterine cancer this year! You should have seen the huge smile on her face when she was showing off this sampler. I'm so proud of her and happy she was able to be there with us!!! Thanks to Pat's sister, Barb, for bringing her!
Speaking of Barb, this is the biscornu she made for the retreat exchange and I won it!!! It's so very me! Just look at those acorns and I love that little owl! The best part, she got mine! What are the chances?! Here's a picture of mine. I love when things like that happen.
I wasn't able to take pictures of all of the exchange pieces this year but I did get a picture of this cutie made by my buddy, Paula and won by my buddy, Meem! Paula stitched this all over one and it is amazing! Paula does such beautiful work!
Before we departed on Sunday, we snapped this picture of the "Russellville Girls." The two girls on the right (the one in black/red and the one wearing pink) drove 4 hours to come to the retreat!
Usually I only get to see them in Russellville in the summer so it was a real treat to get to spend time with them this past weekend. Waves to my Russellville peeps!
***
Well folks, that's all I've got today! I don't plan to go anywhere else this month but I am traveling the first of next month so there will be a full report from that event later.
I'm glad you took the time to visit with me today. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
11 comments:
Wonderful! Good for you,AGAIN! ;)
WOW, you really have been a travelling stitcher...and it sounds like heaven on earth!! Love all the stitching snaps too...
What a fun gathering. It's great to see the three LKs next to each other, as I'm stitching it too - they're gorgeous. As is your sampler, such pretty colours. Glad you all had a good time.
Love seeing these pics! Wow, you really have been all over recently -- lucky you! Thanks for sharing!
How wonderful to travel all around and have so much stitching fun with great stitching companions! Love all of the special stitching projects..... and congratulations on winning a very unique autumn biscornu!
Blessings!
OMIGOSH CINNAMON ICE CREAM!!!
*ahem*
The stitching is lovely, too! =) I'm with you...I could travel almost nonstop, I think! If only I didn't have this silly job to get in the way....
gosh you have exhausted me just from reading all about it ...lol lovely exchange gifts ... and that pudding *sighhhhhhhh
nice to see you all too .... and just love the mystery L*K ... i have just got this one last week when we were away :) love mouse xxxxx
Hello there,
Don't thing I have ever commented, blush, but just had to now - what an amazing collection of posts. I really want to thank you sincerely for them all. I have loved loved loved all the info and detail, peered at the goodies on display, toggled the lovely work, it was like Shepherds Bush retreat in my own front room! So heartfelt thanks, yours is a brilliant sharing blog! But what do I see today, you are off again! Do you think we could all club together to pay you to go to these places and report back!!
Fee
The retreat looks like fun!
Your BAP is coming along nicely, it will be gorgeous when done!
Thanks for sharing all of the pics with us.
Marilyn
Great Shots! Thx for pix of retreat too. My first SB Retreat and it was so much fun - fed my soul! I actually spoke to all of you, but we never officially met! The stitcher in the denim shirt was really nice to me in the store ( - : THX AGAIN!
Wow! Another retreat!! And it looks like such a fun one, too... Thanks for sharing all the WIPs, Lisa--always inspiring to see what everyone has been working on...
Post a Comment