Monday, October 29, 2012

Ornament finish on a lazy Sunday

Yesterday found me having a lazy day.  I'd done all the requisite weekend running around on Saturday so that left Sunday with no place I had to go!  Don't you love it when that happens?  Unfortunately in my world it doesn't happen often enough.

The weather was cold and damp and I didn't feel like getting out of my sweats all day!  Perfect stitching weather!  So what did I stitch you ask?

Design:  Joy to You 2012 (from JCS 2012 Ornaments)
Designer:  Glory Bee
Fabric:  28 ct. Lambswool
Floss:  DMC 321 (over one except for the Smyrnas)
Started:  10/28/12
Finished:  10/28/12
Completed:  10/28/12

This little cutie!  Yep, I finally got started on my ornaments.  Yippee!!!  I can now officially say I've finished one of the four ornaments I must stitch before December rolls around.


I decided to do a beaded edge finish on this one.  It just seemed a little plain without it.  I like the way it turned out.  I always enjoy doing a beaded edge finish.  Sure, it takes a bit longer but the bling is worth it!

I hope everyone had a good weekend!  My thoughts are with those in the path of "Sandy."  I hope every stays safe and well.  Thanks for stopping by today!


Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

11 comments:

Giovanna said...

A very pretty ornament, well done!

Scrap said...

adorable ornament !

EPC said...

How gorgeous, well done, Elle

EPC said...

How gorgeous, well done, Elle

Margaret said...

So cute! I love it!

Peggy Lee said...

The beads add that perfect touch. Very pretty and worth the time, I agree.

Shirlee said...

Lovely ornament! I agree with Peggy Lee ... the beads add the perfect touch : )

Mouse said...

ohhh that is sooo cute :) love the beading .. and thanks for the heads up too :) love mouse xxxx

Annette-California said...

Your ornament is so beautiful with all your bead work.
Hope you are safe from the storm that happened.
love Annette

Carol said...

Beautiful little ornament, Lisa--the beaded edge is a perfect touch :)

Nancy said...

The beading is perfect! Great stitching......Nancy